7 weeks and a Tooth!? Blessed x2♥ TTC since Dec 2013; 146 kids; Fort Wayne, Indiana 20171 posts
6th Nov '12

My daughter will be 8 weeks on Thursday. Shes has been non-stop crying for the past 2 weeks and even has had a low grade temp. I just thought she has a small cold making her not feel good and upset until today. She was smiling real big for me and I noticed some white points coming through her gums where her canine tooth [or vampire fangs as I like to call them] would be, I felt it and its hard and sharp and the gum is red in that area. Then I noticed on the other side a little bit was poking through the gum as well but not as dramatic as the other side.

Is this even possible at 8 weeks to get teeth, and what is the best thing to do for her to be more comfortable.

user banned 3 kids; Ontario 10942 posts
6th Nov '12

Its possible. Some babies are born with teeth. lol

So jealous my 9 month ols is tootheless still. lol no teething yet.

Supafly★ 2 kids; Poland 14109 posts
6th Nov '12

That's not a tooth. My LO had the same exact thing around that age but it went away. I have no idea what it is.

Switzerpuss 17 kids; Nebraska 2281 posts
6th Nov '12

My daughter got her first two teeth at two months ( well, 10 weeks) :)

6th Nov '12
Quoting Coupon Lady:" Its possible. Some babies are born with teeth. lol So jealous my 9 month ols is tootheless still. lol no teething yet."

My first got his first tooth at 13 months. My DH keeps saying our 4 month old is teething but I REFUSE to believe it lol.

6th Nov '12

But she was also two weeks over due, so technicalllllyyyy she was developing like a 3 month old.

user banned 3 kids; Ontario 10942 posts
6th Nov '12
Quoting Supafly★:" My first got his first tooth at 13 months. My DH keeps saying our 4 month old is teething but I REFUSE to believe it lol. "

My oldest now 10, had 6 teeth by 4 months old, all her baby teeth by 14 months and lost her first tooth at 3 yrs old, then at 7 she had all her adult teeth in, and at 8.5 yrs old we brought her in to get her 13 yr molars capped, so they dont rott out on her, since she was only going on 9 yrs old. Teeth grown in when they want to. lol

6th Nov '12
Quoting Supafly★:" My first got his first tooth at 13 months. My DH keeps saying our 4 month old is teething but I REFUSE to believe it lol. "

Its possible! AT four months my daughter had 4 or 5 teeth.

Shes 13 months now and has ALL her baby teeth :)

mommy@4 36 kids; Georgia 472 posts
6th Nov '12

There are teething tables that you can get. They are all natural so they are safe for her. You can get it at any drug store. Good luck!!!

Roe23 2 kids; Ottawa, Ontario 4199 posts
6th Nov '12
Quoting Supafly★:" That's not a tooth. My LO had the same exact thing around that age but it went away. I have no idea what it is. "

Same with mine (at 5 weeks). It was a little smaller then a regular tooth and I would have thought it was just my imagination (or faulty memory from lack of sleep), but the dental hygienists saw it too :).

He was so fussy, I was sure it was going to be colic. It got much better after the tooth (or whatever it was) poked threw.

I'm not sure when it vanished. But I think his first tooth came in around 3.5 months.

6th Nov '12
Quoting Switzerpuss:" Its possible! AT four months my daughter had 4 or 5 teeth. Shes 13 months now and has ALL her baby teeth :)"

I know that but we were so quick to assume with my first when actually he was just cranky lol. I really don't think my 4 month old is teething. I think he just hates sleep lol.

Blessed x2♥ TTC since Dec 2013; 146 kids; Fort Wayne, Indiana 20171 posts
6th Nov '12

my son had 2 teeth at 4 months

x3 StevenJrsMommy Due April 18; 1 child; New Castle, Pennsylvania 172 posts
6th Nov '12

yup it's possible. my friends daughter was born with two bottom teeth.. but they had to be removed because they were a little loose and they didnt want them to fall out and she choke on them. my son is 11months today and doesnt have one tooth and we been thinking hes been teething since he was about two months he shows all the signs. there was something poking thru when he was about 7 months and it like vanished lol idk what it was but i thought a tooth was coming. lol

hobbit* 3 kids; New Zealand 44783 posts
6th Nov '12

Could be! Poor baby she's so young lol.