0.0 What would you do? Altheda+3 35 kids; North Carolina 2316 posts
7th Nov '12

We moved into our house about 6 months ago. I'm just getting to know the neighbors. One chick lives next door and has a 9 year old son. My big kids are 2 & 3, and when he saw us outside he asked to play (my 3yo is a boy, 2yo is a girl). He was super polite, nice and friendly.

Well, he comes over maybe once a week, and he did today. He was playing with the kids in the bedroom when I overheard him telling my son that he needed to kiss my daughter on the mouth. :shock:

I immediately yelled for them while running down the hall, and the 9 year old starts shaking his head saying he was just teasing.

I didn't know what to do, but I sent him home. Wtf? Should I go talk with his mom? Not let him back over? Am I over reacting?

I'm at a loss for words about the situation....

I had a BabyBumpBelly 17 kids; American Fork, Utah 34384 posts
7th Nov '12
Quoting Altheda+3:" We moved into our house about 6 months ago. I'm just getting to know the neighbors. One chick lives next ... [snip!] ... Wtf? Should I go talk with his mom? Not let him back over? Am I over reacting? I'm at a loss for words about the situation...."

I would do all of the above. I would talk to his mom and not let hi over any more.

~~My Pet Wussy~~ 3 kids; USA 23722 posts
7th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Altheda+3:</b>" We moved into our house about 6 months ago. I'm just getting to know the neighbors. One chick lives next ... [snip!] ... Wtf? Should I go talk with his mom? Not let him back over? Am I over reacting? I'm at a loss for words about the situation...."</blockquote>

I wouldn't allow them to play together, maybe closely supervised in the yard but never ever alone.
He is too old to be playing with them. It's normal for kids of the same age to experiment but he's using his age to pressure the younger kids to do inappropriate things that's a huge red flag

Altheda+3 35 kids; North Carolina 2316 posts
7th Nov '12
Quoting ~~My Pet Wussy~~:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Altheda+3:</b>" We moved into our house about 6 months ago. ... [snip!] ... same age to experiment but he's using his age to pressure the younger kids to do inappropriate things that's a huge red flag"

I know he is a lot older than them, but I didn't see the harm in him running around with them. They *usually* just run about, playing tag or driving the trucks through the dirt.

I honestly never thought anything bad about it until tonight :oops:

~~My Pet Wussy~~ 3 kids; USA 23722 posts
7th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Altheda+3:</b>" I know he is a lot older than them, but I didn't see the harm in him running around with them. They ... [snip!] ... playing tag or driving the trucks through the dirt. I honestly never thought anything bad about it until tonight :oops:"</blockquote>

Oh, I didn't mean it like that. Some older kids can be just fine playing with younger kids but obviously this one just shouldn't be around them. Sucks, but it's for your kids safety

AwkwardTurtle 34 kids; Syracuse, NY, United States 2085 posts
7th Nov '12

At 9, Id think it a little strange that he wants to come over and play with them. At that age, what interest could he have in little kids?

Id feel mom out before saying anything. Id be worried hes seen/learned to much :(

♥Love♥ TTC since Jun 2013; 2 angel babies; California 5999 posts
status 7th Nov '12
Quoting ~~My Pet Wussy~~:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Altheda+3:</b>" We moved into our house about 6 months ago. ... [snip!] ... same age to experiment but he's using his age to pressure the younger kids to do inappropriate things that's a huge red flag"

:!:
I would definitely tell the mom and not let them play together, even outside because you cant watch them every single second and even if they arent doing anything physical, he still could be telling them bad things that you might not be able to hear. that is so sad to hear, sounds like stuff that happened during SOs childhood, its good that you were able to step in and send him home!

7th Nov '12
Quoting ~~My Pet Wussy~~:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Altheda+3:</b>" I know he is a lot older than them, but I ... [snip!] ... just fine playing with younger kids but obviously this one just shouldn't be around them. Sucks, but it's for your kids safety"

friends/familys older kids will play with my youngest when we get together but I know they wouldnt seek out 2-3 yr olds if they had other kids/things to play with.

7th Nov '12
Quoting BryarWoods:" At 9, Id think it a little strange that he wants to come over and play with them. At that age, what interest ... [snip!] ... what interest could he have in little kids? Id feel mom out before saying anything. Id be worried hes seen/learned to much :("

Yeah...that's the thing. I've seen him and his mom's boyfriend outside, he really gives the kid hell. He's told me stories about how his mom whipped him with a belt because he spilled a drink. I feel for him, and then this happens.

And there are no other kids around here, so they gravitated towards each other outside, know what I mean?

7th Nov '12
Quoting ♥Love♥:" :!: I would definitely tell the mom and not let them play together, even outside because you cant watch ... [snip!] ... so sad to hear, sounds like stuff that happened during SOs childhood, its good that you were able to step in and send him home!"

It just makes me so sad, and sick, to think of my babies being exposed to that already. I mean, I knew it was coming, and all that, but they are so young that I don't know how to explain this to them. They see me kiss their dad, we kiss them, family kisses them, how do you tell them that it's wrong?

And way off topic, but I saw you live in Boonville. I live in Jonesville :)

7th Nov '12
Quoting Altheda+3:" Yeah...that's the thing. I've seen him and his mom's boyfriend outside, he really gives the kid hell. ... [snip!] ... then this happens. And there are no other kids around here, so they gravitated towards each other outside, know what I mean?"

I get ya. How sad! I feel like with that said about his mom and her bf the poor kids probably seen/heard to much :( Such a hard situation. Tell his mom and he gets beaten? What do you do? And to tell the lady next door she hit him for spilling, what else has he not said? UGH!