39 weeks pregnant....looking for ways to start labor Peyton's mommy 2012 1 child; Pittston, Pennsylvania 25 posts
10th Nov '12

I am 39 weeks...due on November 13th. I am looking for ideas that actually work for starting labor. My sister lives in Virginia and is also pregnant and being induced on tuesday so my mom is leaving on Monday to be with my sister. I really would like to have my mom at my birth. Any ideas on how to get my labor started would be greatly appreciated! :)

user banned 4 kids; Mueang Phuket, Thailand 30487 posts
10th Nov '12

sex made me go into labor instantly! its all that man gravy is good for the cervix and can start contraction if your ready!

nipple stimulation made my water break with my first too, but i was given insrtuctions to try nipple stimulation by my dcotr

Kelly&Coralie 1 child; Rochester, NY, United States 56007 posts
10th Nov '12

Nothing short of a medical induction will start your labor

user banned 4 kids; Mueang Phuket, Thailand 30487 posts
10th Nov '12
Quoting Kelly&Coralie:" Nothing short of a medical induction will start your labor"

this isnt true for everyone.. i was succesful 2 out of 3 times....

crouch baby 4 kids; Dumas, Texas 6 posts
10th Nov '12

walking Alot!!! it helped me in my last pregnacy

Peyton's mommy 2012 1 child; Pittston, Pennsylvania 25 posts
10th Nov '12
Quoting ☮ Phuket:" sex made me go into labor instantly! its all that man gravy is good for the cervix and can start contraction ... [snip!] ... nipple stimulation made my water break with my first too, but i was given insrtuctions to try nipple stimulation by my dcotr"

I've been having alot...lol trust me. Not helping tho.

Kelly&Coralie 1 child; Rochester, NY, United States 56007 posts
10th Nov '12
Quoting ☮ Phuket:" this isnt true for everyone.. i was succesful 2 out of 3 times...."

Sex and nipple stim can "help" but nothing is guarenteed to start labor unless your body is 100% ready for it

10th Nov '12

I have been walking like crazy...it just seems like nothing is going to work.

♥♬♡ 2 kids; Pennsylvania 10376 posts
10th Nov '12
Quoting Kelly&Coralie:" Sex and nipple stim can "help" but nothing is guarenteed to start labor unless your body is 100% ready for it"

I tried everything at 40 weeks, and finally my doctor just induced me.

Hannah. 34 kids; Spokane, WA, United States 63782 posts
10th Nov '12

" Sex and nipple stim can "help" but nothing is guarenteed to start labor unless your body is 100% ready for it"

This.

Hannah. 34 kids; Spokane, WA, United States 63782 posts
10th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Peyton's mommy 2012:</b>" I have been walking like crazy...it just seems like nothing is going to work. "</blockquote>

I tried everything too, even the silly wives tales. I was induced at 41 1/2 weeks

stfubeeouch Due November 24 (girl); 1 child; Texas 640 posts
10th Nov '12

Sex, yoga ball, and alot of walking helped bring on contractions that I was already having with my son. I was 38 weeks when I had him.

Aman dua Bremen, Georgia 529 posts
10th Nov '12

I ate half a fresh pineapple and went into labor that night, lol. Not sure if it was the pineapple or if it was just time.

10th Nov '12

I was reading about the yoga ball and was gonna try that. At this point I am ready to try anything!!! If my mom wasn't going to be out of town I wouldn't be so worried but I would really like my mom to be there for the birth.

stfubeeouch Due November 24 (girl); 1 child; Texas 640 posts
10th Nov '12

I used it with my son starting at 6 months to get him to drop and by 38 weeks I was in active labor without even knowing, it was my first and i honestly didnt think the contractions were as bad as some people make them seem when I went in for my appointment I was at 4cm and 100% effaced went down to labor and delivery walking the stairs and when they checked me i was 6 cm it went by quick. this time I didnt use the yoga ball so much and Im at 2 1/2 cm at 37 weeks sighhh