11 weeks (way late) P Pickle Pants 98 kids; California 20522 posts
10th Nov '12

Hey all! Sorry it took so long. I had this ALL typed up on Wednesday and ready to go, but somehow forgot to actually it the "post topic" button. Pregnancy brain? Well, that's what I'm blaming it on! Anyway, so here's the post I MEANT to post Wednesday.

I woke up this morning and decided to give the doppler another try. I'd scared myself last week and wound up driving 45 mins down to my doc to get a little baby check up---this week there was NO NEED! Baby was thumping away! In fact, I caught it on video for you (okay, its for me, but I thought I'd share :wink: )

http://youtu.be/_Zmo5-BiUoQ

Things seem to be growing and firming up even since last week. I'm big, but when I compare to photos of me pregnant with Deagan, I'm really only a smidge bigger than I was with him---and not a ton bigger than I was with my first. Which is strange because everyone around me can tell I'm pregnant at a glance---strangers talk about how cute my belly is and when I'm due, the librarian asked my son if he was excited to become a big brother. I feel like I'm in that stage of "is she getting fatter or is she pregnant?" but no one else seems to wonder.

I'm officially up one whole pound from pre-pregnancy (although, with the constipation, I might not be up at all, but if I'm up I know its not much because all of my jeans still fit great (even the tight ones) so long as I don't attempt to button them---seriously painful. Not even my size tighter 10s (I was in 6-8s pre preg) can button around it, but they're falling off in the butt/legs...so I'm making the permanent switch to maternity this week and putting away all of my "real" pants. Hopefully, "permanent" will be til May when this baby makes an appearance totally healthy and happy and nursing away.

I had a breakdown yesterday at the hospital (the same hospital where I delivered Deagan and was wheeled out of L&D without a baby)---I had gone in to get some bloodwork done (results being sent to my doc, its just cheaper for me to have the tests done at the Naval Hospital, so I do). I was there thinking about the last time I had hope---the last time I was this far along (or more) and thought I was actually going to get a baby. How crushing it is to be so close, to be counting down the days to one of the happiest moments of your life and to suddenly have it all taken away and be forced to live through the hardest days and months of your life. I didn't break down in grief over Deagan, although I still do from time to time. This time, I was breaking down in anticipation, in HOPE that I might actually get to experience that joy again. The insane life-altering happiness that comes with birthing a live baby, nursing it and watching it sleep peacefully in your arms, and then strapping it safely in a carseat and driving slowly home. That feeling of utter completion that comes when you lay your baby down in YOUR home and know that everyone is home and safe and happy.

As for symptoms, nausea is down, but definitely not gone. My b**bs have dropped from DEFCON 5, to about DEFCON 2 in pain scale. I still get up 2-3 times per night to pee and can't sleep well. I'm hormonal and tear up every time my son is cute (which is a lot), and I am constipated and tired all the time and always thirsty and have to eat like every 2 hours...oh the joys :D

And I think that's about it. I'll leave you with the photos :D

BAA1F1E0-AD44-4BED-A6CD-85672E3EF510-635FFDCDDC4-24CB-4B47-A952-EFA1C28EB879-63587D98635-D239-4215-B27A-8437943E1AF6-635

Mrs. Post-tato Head 4 kids; 1 angel baby; 6804 posts
10th Nov '12

Awwww! Cute bump!!!

Squeaky McGee 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 65151 posts
10th Nov '12

So excited for you! Your bump is adorable!

user banned California 8675 posts
10th Nov '12

Aww I am so happy for you. Very cute baby bump. Thanks for the update.

♥ ♥ Due May 13 (boy); 1 child; Florida 23034 posts
10th Nov '12
Quoting P Pickle Pants:" Hey all! Sorry it took so long. I had this ALL typed up on Wednesday and ready to go, but somehow forgot ... [snip!] ... thirsty and have to eat like every 2 hours...oh the joys :D And I think that's about it. I'll leave you with the photos :D "

Awesome!!!!! I am also already in maternity pants!!! Way earlier than I had to with my daughter! I feel giant already. LOL

*A&N's Mama* 2 kids; Halifax, Nova Scotia 4627 posts
10th Nov '12

aww you have such a cute little baby bump!!!

lolajessup 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44070 posts
10th Nov '12

Awwe I love the bump mama. I think you have more bump than me and I'm almost 25 weeks haha!! Jealous!!! I still look fat. I had a meeting with a lady at work yesterday and we were talking about my maternity leave and she goes "you're pregnant?!" haha. Good luck. Keep growing little baby :)

Cee ❣ 3 kids; New York 3924 posts
10th Nov '12

Cute bump! and Congrats!

**Cali's Mommie**[EBF] 2 kids; San Jacinto, California 661 posts
10th Nov '12

awwww your around my week! im so happy u put pics up cuz i feel like i am crazy showing this early! but now i see im not the only one! im due in may as well

heres a pic of my belly :D
%3Ca%20href=4zysll.jpg" />

Claire Traynor Due December 22 (girl); 19 kids; Mayfield, United Kingdom 123 posts
10th Nov '12

Ur bump is so cute not long now x

P Pickle Pants 98 kids; California 20522 posts
10th Nov '12

Thanks, ladies. Nearing the end of the first trimester (which means nothing more to me than being one third done, unfortunately) and anxious to get to where I can feel this bean move all the time. I'm still feeing a poke now and then, but not enough for comfort. I wish I had a FF button for this part if pregnancy (or for most of it)---and a slow-motion button for once they're out.

Squeaky McGee 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 65151 posts
10th Nov '12
Quoting P Pickle Pants:" Thanks, ladies. Nearing the end of the first trimester (which means nothing more to me than being one ... [snip!] ... I wish I had a FF button for this part if pregnancy (or for most of it)---and a slow-motion button for once they're out."

Where is the 'like' button? :)

P Pickle Pants 98 kids; California 20522 posts
10th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Squeaky McGee:</b>" Where is the 'like' button? :)"</blockquote>

We at least need an "Agree!" Button on BG---but not tied to FB!

Aria Dawn's mommy 33 kids; Texas 1864 posts
10th Nov '12

Almost 1/3 of the way done! I'm rooting for you!

Jae- DJ Jordyn & Cams Mom 3 kids; San Diego, California 5928 posts
10th Nov '12

Aww.. You've grown so much just since I've seen you last ;)