4 year old christmas.. Mother of Hayward. 1 child; Illinois 2673 posts
10th Nov '12

So, DSS is going to be 4 by the time Christmas rolls around.
But we are completely stumped on what to get him.
DH's BM hasn't let us see him in about 2 1/2 months, and we really don't know what he's in to other than cars.
What are 4 year old boys usually into?
If you have a 4 year old, what are you getting him?
Any ideas are appreciated.

May♥ 1 child; Texas 9183 posts
10th Nov '12

I think my 4 year old cousin is getting one of those kid tablets from toys-r-us.

❀Sarah❀ 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Cocking, EU, Europe 126055 posts
status 10th Nov '12

Legos
Play doh
trucks/cars
bouncy balls.

♥ boop 17 kids; Montana 20753 posts
10th Nov '12

tablets, like leap pad
power wheels
nerf guns
legos

Jillian Lindsey 2 kids; Mosheim, Tennessee 2354 posts
10th Nov '12
Quoting Mother of Hayward.:" So, DSS is going to be 4 by the time Christmas rolls around. But we are completely stumped on what to ... [snip!] ... cars. What are 4 year old boys usually into? If you have a 4 year old, what are you getting him? Any ideas are appreciated."

books clothes paint crayons sled leggos tools guns

3 little monsters 3 kids; Olathe, Colorado 50990 posts
10th Nov '12

A bike, my son will be almost 5 and my youngest 4 in Feb. They are both getting bikes along with my oldest. They all do surprisingly great with the coordination, I've been testing them on my neighbors bikes, LOL.

Momof2bratz 2 kids; Camarillo, California 3524 posts
10th Nov '12

Did ya get him a bicycle yet? My three year old is gonna go nuts with his. :)

lolajessup 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44076 posts
10th Nov '12

Our 5 yo isn't into anything. :( Christmas is hard this yr. we just picked her up a vetch inotab 2s. It's a game thing/e-reader/mp3player/video/camera. Hopefully she likes that. Ugh.

Freckleface Watermelon 18 kids; Dallas, Texas 37756 posts
10th Nov '12

My son was almost 4 last year and this year is almost 5.

Last year the hit gifts were his iXL game system, a portable dvd player with a few new movies, squinkies, an art easel like his dads.

This year he's getting a Nintendo DSi, a scooter, maybe some angry bird real life builder sets...not sure totally! When baby comes he's getting a big bag of army men and some new pokemon guides.

Roo & Sophie's mama 2 kids; Denton, Texas 9318 posts
10th Nov '12

These are some of the things on DS wish list:
pTRU1-9241303reg.jpgpTRU1-13112857reg.jpgpTRU1-13267990reg.jpg

lolajessup 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44076 posts
10th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Freckleface Lg Cantelope:</b>" My son was almost 4 last year and this year is almost 5. Last year the hit gifts were his iXL game system, ... [snip!] ... bird real life builder sets...not sure totally! When baby comes he's getting a big bag of army men and some new pokemon guides."</blockquote>

Oh yeah last yr dd got a DSi she loves that.

Mother of Hayward. 1 child; Illinois 2673 posts
10th Nov '12

We can't really afford anything expensive, if anything at all :?
I was thinking like a $10 tool set now that I looked at you ladies' ideas.

skwey 4 kids; Spokane, Washington 2207 posts
10th Nov '12

I'm getting my 4 year old super hero action figures and books. He's really into Power rangers and Spiderman

Freckleface Watermelon 18 kids; Dallas, Texas 37756 posts
10th Nov '12
Quoting Mother of Hayward.:" We can't really afford anything expensive, if anything at all :? I was thinking like a $10 tool set now that I looked at you ladies' ideas."

Don't compare what you are able to get your child to others. 4 years ago my son got a $5 bowling set from us. That was completely it. We've had to work our way to having the extra to spend on him during the holidays.

Make memories in other ways. Doesn't always have to be gift giving. <3

Roo & Sophie's mama 2 kids; Denton, Texas 9318 posts
10th Nov '12
Quoting Mother of Hayward.:" We can't really afford anything expensive, if anything at all :? I was thinking like a $10 tool set now that I looked at you ladies' ideas."

You don't have to spend a ton to make him happy. DS would honestly be happy with a pack of matchbox cars and a bag full of glowsticks. They don't care about the price of things.