3 yr old really stopped up,,,,cold or warm mist????? Tara Rink Due December 3 (boy); Hickory, North Carolina 55 posts
13th Nov '12

dr said I could use a warm mist but friends say to use cool mist, her nose is reallllllly stuffy

E.P. Mom Due March 14; 1 child; Texas 2668 posts
13th Nov '12

Well they are a DR... I would probably go with the one with a *MD versus someone else's opinion. :lol:

*edited

castaway 2 kids; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 18739 posts
13th Nov '12

We have a cool mist humidifier and it works for everyone in our household.

I would use what you have, I guess.

Vanilla MILFshake. 1 child; Georgia 5424 posts
13th Nov '12

DD's pedi told me to use cool mist. He said something about the warm mist making it easier for bacteria to breed/spread....

Klaus 2 kids; Mississippi 23752 posts
status 13th Nov '12
Quoting E.P. Mom:" Well they are a DR... I would probably go with the one with a PhD versus someone else's opinion. :lol:"

PhD isn't a medical doctor, MD is lol

Anyway OP, I'm sure either one would help. I think it depends on the doctor. Our pedi recommended cool mist

Tara Rink Due December 3 (boy); Hickory, North Carolina 55 posts
13th Nov '12
Quoting E.P. Mom:" Well they are a DR... I would probably go with the one with a PhD versus someone else's opinion. :lol:" Forgot to mention I was at my 37 week prenatal check up lol.....my ob dr was the one that said it was okay to use the warm mist....I guess she would still know?
E.P. Mom Due March 14; 1 child; Texas 2668 posts
13th Nov '12
Quoting Chuck Bass:" PhD isn't a medical doctor, MD is lol Anyway OP, I'm sure either one would help. I think it depends on the doctor. Our pedi recommended cool mist"

OOps, totally didn't notice that, I've been up since 4am, cut me a break : ) How does the cool mist work? I haven't heard of those...

Klaus 2 kids; Mississippi 23752 posts
status 13th Nov '12
Quoting E.P. Mom:" OOps, totally didn't notice that, I've been up since 4am, cut me a break : ) How does the cool mist work? I haven't heard of those... "

It happens :)

I don't know the mechanics. I really didn't notice much difference between the two, they both seem to work. The pedi said that when you use the warm mist it is more likely to grow bacteria in the base and then spread it all around the room

Tara Rink Due December 3 (boy); Hickory, North Carolina 55 posts
13th Nov '12

makes sense abt the warm mist creating more bacteria.....bacteria likes to grow in warm places I guess....ughhh lol guess I will get my big prego self up and go down in the basement and find one of our cool mist :) thanks for the quick responses!