When I first found out I was pregnant, I was dead set on getting a tubal after delivery. No if's, and's, or but's about it and I told my OB at my first appointment that I absolutely wanted it done. Now all of a sudden I'm getting cold feet about it.
It's not so much that I want more kids in the future, because I really don't. It's more of...what if something happens? What if something happens to our daughter after she's born and we eventually decide to try again? What if our situation continues to improve to the point where the idea of another baby sounds fantastic?
Did anyone else have these thoughts and feelings when considering a tubal?
DH and I talked about it this morning and he told me not to do it if I don't feel 100% about it. What's killing me is that I want it. I want it badly. But the what-if's keep jumping to the front of my mind. :?
I have the same feelings about getting mine done. I think when you dont have the what ifs any more then do it. But since you have the what ifs, dont do it because you arent sure.
I can't say from experience but I would say if you are having what if's postpone it... if you decide a few months after you baby is born that you still want it you can look into the non-surgical option called Esure (it takes between 10 and 15 mins in the dr office)... until you can say that you have no what if's use birth control of some sort...
Quoting Debra Langlie Lippert:" I can't say from experience but I would say if you are having what if's postpone it... if you decide ... [snip!] ... between 10 and 15 mins in the dr office)... until you can say that you have no what if's use birth control of some sort..."
Essure is like getting your tubes tied. They are blocks they put in your tubes.
I've been in this situation after my second. I was scheduled for the surgery went in had the ivs in & 5 mins before they were going to put me under i started crying & told them no. I had all the what ifs too. At the time i was still with my ex but a friend of the family had hers done after her two & a few years later her dh died in a motorcycle crash. she later remarried & her new hubby wanted a baby so badly but could have it. I decided i wanted the iud instead then because if anything happened with my then fiance i wanted the chance to give someone else their own baby if we wanted it. Im glad i waited im now married to someone else two years in may & we have a year old daughter. If you're no 100% sure I'd wait & find a birth control that works for you so you still have the option to have another in the future if you decide to. It's better to wait when unsure than do it & regret because it cant be taken back.