33 weeks 4cm 50%? Mikailabee Due June 1; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Pennsylvania 49 posts
16th Nov '12

I am so tired of having complications and issues....

I don't know what to expect from here to be honest. The doctors don't really tell me a lot and I'm scared to death. I've never made it this far in a pregnancy before even though this is my 3rd pregnancy (two preterm at 26 and 28 weeks.)....

Has anyone managed to go past 36-37 weeks dilated like this? I didn't even know I was dilated this far. I have been dilated since 28 weeks (Fingertip at first and 2cm the last time I was checked 2 weeks ago). The OBGYN did a standard check of my cervix and told me to go to triage and get it looked at along with getting steroid shots for the lungs.... This came as such a shock to me and now I'm so worried every time she moves. I was checked and she is head down along with looking good as far as measurements and stuff go.... They sent me home after determining I wasn't in labor and the triage doctor told me I'm 4cm on the outside and 3cm inside.....

If anyone has had anything similar, please tell me. I'm a wreck right now. I go to the hospital again tomorrow for my second shot of steroids. I know 33 weeks is a ton better than 26 or 28 weeks but I'm still scared out of my mind...I don't want another NICU baby and I've worked so hard to get this far..... :cry:

Mrs. Medford Due November 16; Marion, North Carolina 66 posts
16th Nov '12

4 on outside & 3 on inside ? Ive never heard of that but def curious as to what it means. Im so sorry your having to go thru this but 33wks is better than 28wks.. Are you on bedrest?

user banned Des Moines, Iowa 1848 posts
16th Nov '12

For the love of god, why has your OB not done a cerclage!

Mikailabee Due June 1; 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Pennsylvania 49 posts
16th Nov '12
Quoting Mrs. Medford:" 4 on outside & 3 on inside ? Ive never heard of that but def curious as to what it means. Im so sorry your having to go thru this but 33wks is better than 28wks.. Are you on bedrest?"

I had never heard of such a thing before either. She checked me for a few minutes and kept tilting her hand to get a better feel I guess. From what I've looked up and read, it means it's like a funnel right now (That's the only image I can get in my head by the wording.) The farther inside, the more closed it is from the sounds of it. Ugh. :(

I'm not on full bed rest but the OBGYN told me to take it very easy and just do light activity. I guess I will know more tomorrow when I go back and get a second shot. I'm just really upset because I honestly had no idea. I had maybe 2-3 contractions the past week and a half but they were barely noticeable.

16th Nov '12
Quoting Safka9973:" For the love of god, why has your OB not done a cerclage!"

I honestly wish I knew. There was talk of it at 20 weeks if my ultrasounds and cervical length came back odd but all of the ultrasounds came back great. At 28 weeks I was fingertip dilated and then a week later I was 2cm. I stayed 2cm until just today when i was told I was 4cm and 50%. It's crazy..... :(

16th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Mikailabee:</b>" I had never heard of such a thing before either. She checked me for a few minutes and kept tilting her ... [snip!] ... upset because I honestly had no idea. I had maybe 2-3 contractions the past week and a half but they were barely noticeable."</blockquote>

Well I would def be taking it as easy as you possibly can.. I went into pre-term labor at 33wks are had to have 2 steroid shots and a.shot to stop contractions now im 39wks 3cm & 80% effaced and the little booger doesnt wanna come out at all! Lol

16th Nov '12
Quoting Mrs. Medford:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Mikailabee:</b>" I had never heard of such a thing before either. ... [snip!] ... shots and a.shot to stop contractions now im 39wks 3cm & 80% effaced and the little booger doesnt wanna come out at all! Lol"

That's what I'm doing and plan to do. I am getting my second shot tomorrow afternoon and I hope that all goes well from there. I'm just scared since I barely noticed the contractions to begin with and now every time I feel any movement in my stomach I just want to cry from being so scared. I lost my little girl due to Necrotizing Entrocolitis and I don't want to ever experience anything like that again. Because of it, I think I have this overwhelming fear of such if I deliver preterm again.

16th Nov '12

:( im so sorry.. I cant even begin to imagine but I understand your fear bc if I had not of listened to my hubby the night I went into pre-term kabor our little boy would prob. be here already because I was only having mild cramping but they were full blown contractions and I didnt even realize it now im worried to death I wont realize when im truly in labor and end up having him before getting to the hospital.