2 month old teething mom2andrew&carter 18 kids; Leesburg, Florida 2159 posts
17th Nov '12

my 2 month old just started teething hes drooling constantly but hes been so fussy today and hes barely been eating so i was wondering if teething can cause stomach aches or if its just a coincidence? and is there anything i can do for him since hes so young still?

Kimber's Mommy 1 child; South Carolina 4272 posts
17th Nov '12

yes, it can cause stomach aches. DD started teething signs at around that age and is now 7 months old and still hasn't cut any. teething can cause them to spit up more and also make them get diarhhea. poor babies :-(
i think about the only thing that would be recommended at this age is teething rings, which you will probably have to hold for him. goodluck and i hope they cut through soon.

MommyToWesley 1 child; Delaware 3847 posts
17th Nov '12
Quoting K.MarieAnnette:" yes, it can cause stomach aches. DD started teething signs at around that age and is now 7 months old ... [snip!] ... at this age is teething rings, which you will probably have to hold for him. goodluck and i hope they cut through soon."

Same with my son- he started around that age as well and is 7 months and still has yet to cut any teeth either. Teething can take months, OP. I second your statement- poor babies.

Thorian's Mommy 1 child; Westbrook, ME, United States 8411 posts
17th Nov '12

i just posted something similiar last night. LO has been drooling, spitting up aand been having green diahrea like poops. i felt his gums and you can feel his canine teeth. his right bottom one is about to come through.

Kimber's Mommy 1 child; South Carolina 4272 posts
17th Nov '12
Quoting Thorian's Mommy:" i just posted something similiar last night. LO has been drooling, spitting up aand been having green ... [snip!] ... green diahrea like poops. i felt his gums and you can feel his canine teeth. his right bottom one is about to come through."

you can feel DD's teeth too... i really hate it for her. apparently their teeth move before they come through. i didn't know that. it's gotta be really painful for them :-(

mom2andrew&carter 18 kids; Leesburg, Florida 2159 posts
17th Nov '12

I feel so bad for him and im having such a hard time getting him to sleep and he doesnt like teething rings he chewed on my finger for a min or 2 today but thats about it just not sure what to do for him

17th Nov '12

try a cold wet wash cloth. i did that last night and put it around your finger and let him chew on it. he may suck off the water but thats fine...LO chewed on it last night and it seemed to help.

mom2andrew&carter 18 kids; Leesburg, Florida 2159 posts
17th Nov '12
Quoting Thorian's Mommy:" try a cold wet wash cloth. i did that last night and put it around your finger and let him chew on it. he may suck off the water but thats fine...LO chewed on it last night and it seemed to help."

thanks ill try that when he gets fussy again i finally got him to sleep. He is so different than my first hes alot more fussier than my toddler ever was

17th Nov '12

Mine isnt really fussy but he loves to be held. if you put him down or walk away from him he than gets mad. the good thing is he sleeps alot!!