103.6 fever :( Damon Salvatore TTC since Jun 2013; 1 child; 3 angel babies; Christmas Island 7450 posts
17th Nov '12

LO.slept in until 3pm today and woke up screaming that a snake was getting her. She was super cuddly all day and then I noticed she was burning up, I took her temp and it's at 103.6, this it's the first time she's been sick in so long and I don't even know what she has, and we currently don't have any medical insurance for her until January.
I'm freaking out :( she's getting a little lethargic now too.
Does anyone of any way she could be seen without it costing a fortune?

DeanJade&Mak's Mom 3 kids; Covina, CA, United States 8822 posts
17th Nov '12

Are u giving her anything for the fever??

AngelGabriel'sMama 1 child; Dayton, Ohio 2103 posts
17th Nov '12

Do you have clinics there? Here we have a couple that are based on income.

furrbabiesmommy 18 kids; California 16570 posts
17th Nov '12

find a free/low cost clinic, idk any open at this hour
in the mean time give her some tylenol, strip her down to undies or a t-shirt, give her a cool ( not cold) bath, get her drink some cool juice or water and put a cool rag on her forehead and the nape of her neck

ElleBelle (37 weeks) Due September 22; 1 child; 1 angel baby; Rio Rancho, NM, United States 22468 posts
17th Nov '12

How old is she? Give her medicine for the fever and if it doesn't go down I take her to the ER.. Hopefully your insurance can backtrack that

Damon Salvatore TTC since Jun 2013; 1 child; 3 angel babies; Christmas Island 7450 posts
17th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting DeanJade&Maksims Momma:</b>" Are u giving her anything for the fever??"</blockquote>

We don't usually treat for fevers, it's the bodies natural way to fight infection, but I am giving her a dose of Tylenol since it's so high this time.

Damon Salvatore TTC since Jun 2013; 1 child; 3 angel babies; Christmas Island 7450 posts
17th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting AngelGabriel'sMama:</b>" Do you have clinics there? Here we have a couple that are based on income."</blockquote>

None that are open currently.
And even then, we make too much, even though we are broke all the time.
I'm thinking about taking her to urgent care and seeing if I can just make payments in the bill afterwards

AngelGabriel'sMama 1 child; Dayton, Ohio 2103 posts
17th Nov '12
Quoting Damon Salvatore:" <blockquote><b>Quoting AngelGabriel'sMama:</b>" Do you have clinics there? Here we ... [snip!] ... broke all the time. I'm thinking about taking her to urgent care and seeing if I can just make payments in the bill afterwards"

Yeah we have some of those too. LO and my SS just got over having a virus that caused fevers in the 102-104 range. Hopefully it's just a virus and goes away soon.

Nut ღ Meg Beverly Hills, CA, United States 40239 posts
17th Nov '12
Quoting Damon Salvatore:" <blockquote><b>Quoting DeanJade&Maksims Momma:</b>" Are u giving her anything for the ... [snip!] ... for fevers, it's the bodies natural way to fight infection, but I am giving her a dose of Tylenol since it's so high this time."

I would give her some Tylenol and if it doesn't bring it down or make her more comfortable give a dose of Motrin.

DeanJade&Mak's Mom 3 kids; Covina, CA, United States 8822 posts
17th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Damon Salvatore:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting DeanJade&Maksims Momma:</b>" Are u giving her anything for the ... [snip!] ... for fevers, it's the bodies natural way to fight infection, but I am giving her a dose of Tylenol since it's so high this time."</blockquote>

Give her cool/luke warm shower, and dress in tank n shorts maybe a sheet to cover up, we use thos *be kool* patches from walmart they stick to the skin, easier than a was rag, but 1 on back of her neck...

Momma-of-2-Ts 2 kids; British Columbia 255 posts
17th Nov '12

if she is lythargic and with a temp that high she needs to go to the ER NOW! that is dangerous for young children
most places will allow a payment plan.
put your childs health first, worry about the finacial aspect after

Robert's Wife +1 1 child; Mansfield, Ohio 235 posts
17th Nov '12
Quoting Momma-of-2-Ts:" if she is lythargic and with a temp that high she needs to go to the ER NOW! that is dangerous for young ... [snip!] ... for young children most places will allow a payment plan. put your childs health first, worry about the finacial aspect after"

this.

Nut ღ Meg Beverly Hills, CA, United States 40239 posts
17th Nov '12

What is the temp like now, Momma?

*...*...*...* 1 child; Michigan 8230 posts
18th Nov '12
Quoting Damon Salvatore:" <blockquote><b>Quoting DeanJade&Maksims Momma:</b>" Are u giving her anything for the ... [snip!] ... for fevers, it's the bodies natural way to fight infection, but I am giving her a dose of Tylenol since it's so high this time."

Yea, we don't usually treat either. But with it being that high she has to be miserable.

But 103.6 isn't dangerous. If it gets in the 104 range and will not come down with a fever reducer then I would take her into the ER (keep in mind most fever reducers only reduce by about 2 degrees or so.)

If she has the fever for more then 2-3 days and it's still going up that high I would also take her into he ER or if your pedi will take her then take her there. A lot of clinics pedi clinics will go ahead and see a child (at least in my experience)

But I wouldn't take her before the 2-3 days mark because most doctors wont do anything (besides look at the throat and the ears) How old is she? Could you tell if she has strep or a ear infection?

19th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting *...*...*...*:</b>" Yea, we don't usually treat either. But with it being that high she has to be miserable. But 103.6 ... [snip!] ... wont do anything (besides look at the throat and the ears) How old is she? Could you tell if she has strep or a ear infection?"</blockquote>

She wound up spiking up to 104.5 and I couldn't get it down so I took her to the ER. She apparently has a bladder infection :(