10 years. Norah&Ellie's Momma 2 kids; Kentucky 4175 posts
18th Nov '12

I can't believe it's been 10 years since my dad passed from a sudden heart attack. I can't remember his voice and can barely remember what he looked like without a picture.

And I wonder EVERY day what my life would be like if he was still here.

user banned Due April 2; Georgia 7200 posts
18th Nov '12

In less that a month it will be 7 years since my dad passed. I'm starting to forget the little things about him.

Norah&Ellie's Momma 2 kids; Kentucky 4175 posts
18th Nov '12
Quoting Twin's Mommy:" In less that a month it will be 7 years since my dad passed. I'm starting to forget the little things about him."

It sucks :( How old were you? I was 10, I guess that's why I don't remember much.

user banned Due April 2; Georgia 7200 posts
18th Nov '12
Quoting jordan.ℓeigh✿:" It sucks :( How old were you? I was 10, I guess that's why I don't remember much."

18, so I should be remembering things. I couldn't imagine being younger.

user banned 17 kids; Boston, MA, United States 9473 posts
18th Nov '12

wow...I dont really know what to say. This makes me want to call my dad and record his voice heh.

I know its no where near comparable, but my rabbit died last year. i wonder sometimes if i will ever be able to forget him, the way he felt, the way he smelled. I can imagine it so vividly but know i will never get that back.

as for a parent, i have not seen my mom since i was six.. i remember doing an assignment where i drew her and described her in third grade. i could then, but i cant remember anymore. i think i remember her voice but most of it has been washed out by my own heads voice. i remember though that she was beautiful, wonderful blonde/brown hair, tan skin, pretty eyes, etc.
I did visit her a couple years ago, and whatever i remembered her as, or invented memories...she was not the same. she had a smokers voice, her skin was abused through tanning too long, her hair was damaged and bleached. very dissapointing.

i hope you are left with good memories that cant be disturbed like this...

WHATEVERR.♥ 1 child; California 1248 posts
18th Nov '12

Blah my dad's 17 year mark was the 15th.....I was barely 4 years old.
I can't remember like anything besides him always picking me up & doing the airplane or tickling my feet..And him always being in the garage working on the Harleys.
I don't remember his voice, smell nothing:( I sometimes resent the fact my brother & two half sisters got WAY more time with him and remember way more..

But I'm still so proud to call him my daddy.<3 I won't even let go of my maiden name for my husbands so I hyphenated..My name is ridiculous now.

I have such an empty feeling:(

18th Nov '12

Stupid phone..I was typing still.
I'm sorry for your loss & can totally relate.

18th Nov '12
Quoting WHATEVERR.♥:" Stupid phone..I was typing still. I'm sorry for your loss & can totally relate."

Yeah, I find myself resenting my brothers for the same reason. They were 20 and 24 when he passed.

I mainly remember how fun he was and how much he loved me.

18th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting jordan.ℓeigh✿:</b>" Yeah, I find myself resenting my brothers for the same reason. They were 20 and 24 when he passed. I mainly remember how fun he was and how much he loved me."</blockquote>

Yeah they were juniors in high school..

I remember he adored me but I hate that my memories get less and less vivid over the years.

laxmommy Japan 50 posts
19th Nov '12

Are thre videos, etc.that you can watch? Sometimes it just takes something small to bring them back to life in your heart. Sending hugs!

19th Nov '12
Quoting laxmommy:" Are thre videos, etc.that you can watch? Sometimes it just takes something small to bring them back to life in your heart. Sending hugs!"

No videos. :( And barely any pictures of him or us together. He was always the one taking pictures.

I actually realized I was doing that too, and stopped. Now I take tons of pictures of DD and I together.