38 weeks vent user banned
19th Nov '12

And im tired and im in so much pain and so uncomfortable it's almost hard to function. I wish little one would come out already. I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow and on Friday im getting my membranes swept. A bit nervous because ive never had it done before and im hearing it hurts but if it'll get labor going im all for it. In case it doesn't im extremely happy that my OB induces at 39 weeks.

CRSx2Mommy 18 kids; North Carolina 3475 posts
19th Nov '12

prepare for the "let your baby bake" backlash.

Tig Ol' Bitties 2 kids; St Catharines, Ontario 3223 posts
19th Nov '12

You should really be apprehensive that you have a doctor who induces early with absolutely no medical reason

user banned 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 4666 posts
19th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting CRSx2Mommy:</b>" prepare for the "let your baby bake" backlash. "</blockquote>

I've been here long enough not to care lol

♥MomToSilas+1♥ Due December 9; 1 child; ., IL, United States 11230 posts
19th Nov '12

Getting your membranes swept don't always put you into labor. I had a friend get hers stripped 3 times and still got induced at 42 weeks.

19th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting That-Girl:</b>" You should really be apprehensive that you have a doctor who induces early with absolutely no medical reason"</blockquote>

Ive done research and she's a highly recommended OB in my area. So far no real complications or mishaps.

19th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Sami&Baby Silas:</b>" Getting your membranes swept don't always put you into labor. I had a friend get hers stripped 3 times and still got induced at 42 weeks."</blockquote>

Yea I've been told but if it doesn't work at my next appointment we will be scheduling my induction but im hoping it works.

kassandra g Due June 20 (girl); 34 kids; Spearman, Texas 82 posts
19th Nov '12
Quoting proudlypreggers:" And im tired and im in so much pain and so uncomfortable it's almost hard to function. I wish little ... [snip!] ... it hurts but if it'll get labor going im all for it. In case it doesn't im extremely happy that my OB induces at 39 weeks."

it doesnt hurt to have that done lol idk who told you that but it didnt hurt me :) i guess every one is different and i had to get it done 3 times it didnt really work for me

19th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting kassandra g:</b>" it doesnt hurt to have that done lol idk who told you that but it didnt hurt me :) i guess every one is different and i had to get it done 3 times it didnt really work for me"</blockquote>

My doc.said it may hurt and also a few women on here. Im hoping it isn't painful but even if it is I heard it's really quick and im hoping it does start labor of some sort. I've been 1cm for weeks.

19th Nov '12
Quoting proudlypreggers:" <blockquote><b>Quoting kassandra g:</b>" it doesnt hurt to have that done lol idk ... [snip!] ... painful but even if it is I heard it's really quick and im hoping it does start labor of some sort. I've been 1cm for weeks."

i was dilated to a 3 since i was 7 months and it didnt work so i hope it does for you good luck and it is really quick

Mason&Chloe'sMama Due April 20 (girl); 1 child; Kansas 522 posts
19th Nov '12

It hurts like for a second while they're doing it but its seriously fine. good luck mama!

19th Nov '12

Thanks ladies :)

britty06 Due March 5 (girl); 3 kids; St. Paul, MN, United States 492 posts
19th Nov '12

are you dialated or thinned out any?

i got my membranes stripped with DS but i never aked my doc, my doc just did it. i was also dialated and thinned out more at this point.

i ave my drs appt tomorrow but last week i was only dialated to a 1 and still think so i don't even know if she can/will strip my membranes.

19th Nov '12
Quoting britty06:" are you dialated or thinned out any? i got my membranes stripped with DS but i never aked my doc, ... [snip!] ... appt tomorrow but last week i was only dialated to a 1 and still think so i don't even know if she can/will strip my membranes."

how far along are you if your far enough im sure if you ask they will do it

19th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting britty06:</b>" are you dialated or thinned out any? i got my membranes stripped with DS but i never aked my doc, ... [snip!] ... appt tomorrow but last week i was only dialated to a 1 and still think so i don't even know if she can/will strip my membranes."</blockquote>

Only 1 cm but that was 2 weeks ago. My last two appointments she didn't check. I think my OB wanted to try this before inducing so she's going to sweep my membranes, if it doesn't work then a week or week and a half after I'll be induced.