3 days late and negative test... username123 Due May 10; TTC since May 2014; 5 kids; 2 angel babies; Castlewood, Virginia 3409 posts
20th Nov '12

So we aren't really ttc, I just figured this would be the best place to get good info! I have 30 day cycles, not sure when I ovulate though. And AF is 3 days late now and I took a test yesterday and it was completely negative. I am still nursing My 16 month old dd, but my cycles have been regular ever since they started back. I Don't feel pregnant, but I also don't feel like AF is on the way. My supply has dropped quite a bit. I can tell because she gets very fussy while nursing. I'm going to wait a few days and if AF still doesn't show, I'll test again. Any clue what could be going on? Anyone get a bfp this late? Or could nursing still be messing with my cycle?

mama2manyyy 33 kids; South Carolina 1823 posts
20th Nov '12

I never got a positive with a home test until I was like two weeks late. I was TTC and had bleeding that looked like implantation bleeding so I tested a week later with two early detection tests and they were negative, then the day after my period was due it was still negative.

username123 Due May 10; TTC since May 2014; 5 kids; 2 angel babies; Castlewood, Virginia 3409 posts
20th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting TmA's mommy:</b>" I never got a positive with a home test until I was like two weeks late. I was TTC and had bleeding that ... [snip!] ... a week later with two early detection tests and they were negative, then the day after my period was due it was still negative."</blockquote>

Thanks! We aren't ttc, but I would still be thrilled to have another baby. I have no clue when/if I ovulate since she is still nursing. It's just odd that AF is late. I've had 4 babies, the only time she has ever been late, I've been pregnant. With my 3rd, I didn't get a bfp until she was 5 days late though, I guess I'll just wait it out! Thanks again!

20th Nov '12

Goodluck! I am only 8 weeks PP and have already been thinking about how I cant wait to have another one.

username123 Due May 10; TTC since May 2014; 5 kids; 2 angel babies; Castlewood, Virginia 3409 posts
20th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting TmA's mommy:</b>" Goodluck! I am only 8 weeks PP and have already been thinking about how I cant wait to have another one."</blockquote>

Thank you! I just hate not knowing! Lol
Wait until LO starts walking. That's when I always think I need another one! Haha

20th Nov '12

I know how the suspense of waiting is, its horrible! And we are going to wait until at least our anniversary in Feb to start TTC again, but that is still a little soon. I was pregnant the first month after we decided we wanted a baby so I know I really need to be sure I am ready since it could happen like that again. I have conflicting feelings and had the pregnancy from hell so for now I am staying on the pill until at least then. I know this is probably weird but I think I want to be pregnant more than I want another baby, I really enjoyed being pregnant.

BRowell 3 kids; 2 angel babies; Bristol, TN, United States 3727 posts
20th Nov '12

I was just in the same boat as you Hun! I was 8 days late and finally took a test and not 10 min. After I got a bfn I started my period! :/ I think mine are just still messed up since I'm still bf Camden.

20th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting BRowell:</b>" I was just in the same boat as you Hun! I was 8 days late and finally took a test and not 10 min. After ... [snip!] ... test and not 10 min. After I got a bfn I started my period! :/ I think mine are just still messed up since I'm still bf Camden."</blockquote>

Well at least it's not just me! Lol. I just figured since my cycles have been pretty regular, they'd stay that way! But apparently not! I'd love another baby though, so it's killing me not knowing!

*Call Me MOM* 8 kids; Minnesota 11948 posts
20th Nov '12

your awaited AF is making me wait in suspense too!!!

i cant take it anymore!!

did you use cheapies or frer..? get a digi!!
and then get a blood test asap i cant not know anymore!!

TaeganElise35wks1day Due September 25 (girl); 1 child; 2 angel babies; Atlanta, Georgia 1864 posts
20th Nov '12

I believe it was in october when my cycle was also 3 days late.....which had me thinking ( kinda ) this is it. I believe I took a test on the second day of no show and it was negative, but then while at work on the 4th day it started! I was so sad......cause I want my second baby so bad! Also like OP said some ppl don't get positives as late as 8weeks.

20th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting *hiyalindz* [EBFB]*:</b>" your awaited AF is making me wait in suspense too!!! i cant take it anymore!! did you use cheapies or frer..? get a digi!! and then get a blood test asap i cant not know anymore!!"</blockquote>

I bought some Answer tests. So not cheapies, but not the best either! Lol. Since its thanksgiving I'm gonna wait and if it doesn't come by Friday may go see about a blood test!

20th Nov '12
Quoting
20th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting *hiyalindz* [EBFB]*:</b>" thats what i used with corum ...they worked good!! hopefully there is a bean in there :D"</blockquote>

I have one more left! I'm debating on when I should take it! Lol
Keep your fingers crossed! ;)

20th Nov '12
Quoting
20th Nov '12

Makes sense to me! You'd think if I ovulated that late, it wouldn't have had time to implant before my cycle started though...but I'm being optimistic so fingers crossed for BFP! Lol
Even though I really don't need a 5th kid yet! Hahaha