5 cm. and 100% mommytotxa ♡ 2 kids; Kansas 1986 posts
21st Nov '12

This is my second. I was 4 cm. and 90% for a week before my water started leaking, and I was induced at 38 weeks with my first. I went into preterm labor last Monday (at 34 weeks, 4 days) and dilated to 3 cm. and 60% effacement. By Thursday I was 4 cm. I was checked at my appointment today, and I'm 5 cm., 100% effaced. My OB says her head can't go any lower or I would be in active labor. He said I was contracting while he was checking me. I will be 36 weeks tomorrow. I know dilation/effacement doesn't indicate when labor will begin. What is the chance that I will make it to term? He doesn't think I will. He said to go to L&D if I feel any pain.

user banned Due November 7 (boy); 1 child; Dayton, Ohio 26853 posts
21st Nov '12

Doesn't sound likely but stranger things have happened

wigglewaddle 2 kids; Wichita, Kansas 2101 posts
21st Nov '12

Don't they usually admit at 4cm?

Brittanie Blokker-Brandt 2 kids; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 320 posts
21st Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Catrina [+2] ♡:</b>" This is my second. I was 4 cm. and 90% for a week before my water started leaking, and I was induced ... [snip!] ... begin. What is the chance that I will make it to term? He doesn't think I will. He said to go to L&D if I feel any pain. "</blockquote>

Sounds like you're going to be in labor within days! Your water is basically holding on my a thread At this point more then likely. I would say stay off your feet as much as you can if you want to make it as far as possible and just relax.

Vindictive 50 kids; Switzerland 30558 posts
21st Nov '12

You already know what I think. I'm still surprised they sent you home. Probably to give you the chance to enjoy Thanksgiving, if at all possible.

mommytotxa ♡ 2 kids; Kansas 1986 posts
21st Nov '12
Quoting Kinley Nicoles Mommy:" Don't they usually admit at 4cm?"

Here they admit at 5 cm. or if you're having regular contractions with progression. I have a week until term, so my OB is hoping I can wait a few days.

21st Nov '12
Quoting Vindictive:" You already know what I think. I'm still surprised they sent you home. Probably to give you the chance to enjoy Thanksgiving, if at all possible."

We're going have babies on Friday.

Freckleface Watermelon 18 kids; Dallas, Texas 37756 posts
21st Nov '12

I doubt you'll be making it another month. MAYBE a week I'd say.

I'm a 1 and I don't think effaced at all. I'm thinking you'll have your baby before I will. Wishing you a safe delivery with healthy mommy and baby!!

Vindictive 50 kids; Switzerland 30558 posts
21st Nov '12
Quoting Catrina [+2] ♡:" We're going have babies on Friday."

They'll be BFFs from the start. :wink:

23rd Nov '12

I went to L&D yesterday, and was 5 1/2, almost 6 cm. My OB said that is what I was when he checked me on Wednesday. So what happens if my water breaks at home, and I have baby within minutes? :?

23rd Nov '12
Quoting Catrina [+2] ♡:" I went to L&D yesterday, and was 5 1/2, almost 6 cm. My OB said that is what I was when he checked me on Wednesday. So what happens if my water breaks at home, and I have baby within minutes? :?"

how fast was your last delivery? if it was super fast Id say to have your bags by the door and know the quickest route to the hospital. If it took some time, this one wont be as long, but probably wont have it in minutes.

23rd Nov '12
Quoting Brittanie Blokker-Brandt:" how fast was your last delivery? if it was super fast Id say to have your bags by the door and know ... [snip!] ... know the quickest route to the hospital. If it took some time, this one wont be as long, but probably wont have it in minutes."

7 hours, and I was 4 cm. when I went in. I have my bags packed and ready.

23rd Nov '12
Quoting Catrina [+2] ♡:" 7 hours, and I was 4 cm. when I went in. I have my bags packed and ready. "

thats actually quite fast!! maybe stay at the hotel closest to the hospital just in case lol

23rd Nov '12
Quoting Brittanie Blokker-Brandt:" thats actually quite fast!! maybe stay at the hotel closest to the hospital just in case lol"

My mother and grandmother keep saying they are just going to call an ambulance :?

23rd Nov '12
Quoting Catrina [+2] ♡:" My mother and grandmother keep saying they are just going to call an ambulance :?"

Might be for the best, sounds like she's bursting to get out, at least that way if you do have the head coming out during the drive you know there's someone trained catching her!