31 weeks on monday and lost my mucus plug Tiffany Hafner Due January 26 (girl); 1 child; York, Pennsylvania 29 posts
23rd Nov '12

I was at the hospital today, ive been having a lot of cramps and back pain and they say im not contracting which i believe i am. I came home and laid down for the rest of the day and went to the bathroom and I lost my mucus plug it was green. Is that normal? The doctors did test to see if I had any infections and i dont. Is losing my mucus plug important enough not to call my doctor considering their saying im not in labor? I am so confused. This is my second pregnancy and I have not had as nearly many problems with my son then I do her.

I'm His Amy He's My Rory 2 kids; Caldwell, Idaho 49251 posts
23rd Nov '12

Unless it's bloody, no. It can fall out and regrow endless times.

A, E & W's mommy Due October 21; Bulgaria 15280 posts
23rd Nov '12

If they say you're not contracting then chances are they're right unless they didn't hook you up to an NST and then they're just guessing. Did they do a pelvic exam? A pelvic exam can trigger some cramping too and then the irritation to the cervical area can cause you to contract a little and potentially loose your plug. I have no idea what green means but I do know that it can grow back. I lost mine at 29 weeks and 35 weeks and again at 39 weeks with my first. I lost it at 32 weeks and again at 38 weeks with my second.

Tiffany Hafner Due January 26 (girl); 1 child; York, Pennsylvania 29 posts
23rd Nov '12

I know it can grow back. yes they did an exam and im just about a 1cm. and its like cramping in my pelvis and lots of pressure. she said that since they are so low down she might not of been able to pick them up.

Pickle Due September 2; 1 child; 1 angel baby; Kentucky 3687 posts
23rd Nov '12
Quoting Tiffany Hafner:" I know it can grow back. yes they did an exam and im just about a 1cm. and its like cramping in my pelvis ... [snip!] ... in my pelvis and lots of pressure. she said that since they are so low down she might not of been able to pick them up. "

are they regular or irregular? i have had irregular contractions since about 31 or 32 weeks it sucks but he's still baking thankfully!

Tiffany Hafner Due January 26 (girl); 1 child; York, Pennsylvania 29 posts
23rd Nov '12
Quoting Andrea0510:" are they regular or irregular? i have had irregular contractions since about 31 or 32 weeks it sucks but he's still baking thankfully!"

their pretty regular. every 6-8 mins just like they have been all day. some are pretty strong where I have to stop what im doing and some are just telling me they are there

Melody's Mommy♡ 1 child; Houston, Texas 182 posts
23rd Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Tiffany Hafner:</b>" I was at the hospital today, ive been having a lot of cramps and back pain and they say im not contracting ... [snip!] ... in labor? I am so confused. This is my second pregnancy and I have not had as nearly many problems with my son then I do her. "</blockquote>

Omg same here I lost mine last night but was white and been having cramps but not a lot. I don't know if its normal or what since this my first pregnancy.

!!Katie!! 1 child; Tennessee 2794 posts
23rd Nov '12

Mine came out and regenerated more times than I can count. Sometimes it was just a small piece, sometimes it looked like it was the whole thing.

It doesn't mean anything.

And the funny part is, when I actually went into labor, I never saw the thing come out.