13 weeks and spotting? B.A.C.M11 20 kids; Dayton, Ohio 28 posts
25th Nov '12

I am 13 weeks and 1 day yesterday i was in pain all day, today i laid in bed most of the day and finally had to pee so bad i got up and i am spotting, has me really nervous because i miscarried before, and today is sunday so its not like i can see my dr. what are the odds of loosing a baby after 13 weeks?

......................... Vancouver, British Columbia 5643 posts
25th Nov '12

That's how I had all 3 of my MCs. I would go get checked if I was you. Hopefully it's nothing.

Stephy B Due May 10 (girl); 64 kids; Tennessee 226 posts
25th Nov '12
Quoting B.A.C.M11:" I am 13 weeks and 1 day yesterday i was in pain all day, today i laid in bed most of the day and finally ... [snip!] ... i miscarried before, and today is sunday so its not like i can see my dr. what are the odds of loosing a baby after 13 weeks?"

I think the stat is like less than 2% of miscarriages happen after entering the second trimester. However, I've had 3 at 18 weeks, so stats sometimes aren't as reliable as you might like. What kind of pain is it? And have you had sex or anything that could have caused the bleeding?

B.A.C.M11 20 kids; Dayton, Ohio 28 posts
25th Nov '12
Quoting Stephy B:" I think the stat is like less than 2% of miscarriages happen after entering the second trimester. However, ... [snip!] ... as reliable as you might like. What kind of pain is it? And have you had sex or anything that could have caused the bleeding?"

we did have sex recently, but i have been under alot of stress as well do to my step son. i try to make myself stay calm but evrytime i so much as think about him my blood boils.

user banned Des Moines, Iowa 1848 posts
25th Nov '12

I think stress could only cause a miscarriage in extreme cases.

What's going on with your SS?

Summerfrost 51 kids; Massachusetts 5748 posts
25th Nov '12

My advice is to call your OB. It's always better to give them a heads up and let them know what's going on. I mean, that's why they're paid the big bucks, to make the decisions about stuff like this. It's sortof their job. They have after hours numbers.

Stephy B Due May 10 (girl); 64 kids; Tennessee 226 posts
25th Nov '12
Quoting B.A.C.M11:" we did have sex recently, but i have been under alot of stress as well do to my step son. i try to make myself stay calm but evrytime i so much as think about him my blood boils."

I agree with Safka. It takes alot for stress to cause a miscarriage.

Go get checked just in case (I know here we have a convenient care clinic thing that's open 7 days a week, as well as an ER), and they'll probably suggest following up with your OB.

Good luck, and I hope everything is okay!

Charlene Small Due January 19; Japan 2 posts
25th Nov '12

i also have one angel baby and am now 32 weeks pregnant in my second pregnancy, i had a bleed back in september, after intercourse but went to get checkeed out at l+d, my sister in law who has also just given birth had a slight bleed too at the same time and again she went and got checked, turned out hers was nothing to worry about it was an irritated cervix, but caused no complications other than the slight bleed, and she went full term and had a beautiful healthy little boy... i know its easier said than done but try not to worry and keep as calm as you can and just call the midwife she may advise you to go to hospital and get checked, but this may give you peice of mind... i hope everything works out for you xx

25th Nov '12
Quoting Safka9973:" I think stress could only cause a miscarriage in extreme cases. What's going on with your SS?"

omg I love kids! I always have, but this kid he is the devil, he doesnt care about anything, he is as crazy as his mother! his mother should be in a hospital! he should be as well! my friend who worked for a physcologist said he reminds her of a physcopath, fantastic right. he is, was, mean to my kids, and his half brother. he is so ungreatful, he actually told his dad that he hates him and the only way he would love him is if he buys him this lego set and that lego set. the last time he was here, he did something so bad that i threw him, 10yrs old, out of my house, i told his dad to get him the hell away from my kids and never to bring him back here! he hasnt been back since, i went xmas shopping, got my 4 done, i didnt buy not one thing for him. i told matt if he wants to get him something to go get it, but i dont think he should cause thats going to buy into his get me this get me that idea. also we are suppose to go to my inlaws xmas, and matt told me last night, he wants to take adam, so i was like ok, take him and have fun, me and the kids will stay home, thats when he said he wanted to take our son with him atleast and i said theres no way in hell.
i would do anything in the world for a child, i love love love kids, but theres something about this little demon, that i can honestly say i hate that kid, i know it sounds horrible! but omg! thing is, my inlaws pretty much feel the same about him, and after what he did last time he was here, no one in their family wants him around their kids.

user banned Des Moines, Iowa 1848 posts
25th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting B.A.C.M11:</b>" omg I love kids! I always have, but this kid he is the devil, he doesnt care about anything, he is ... [snip!] ... much feel the same about him, and after what he did last time he was here, no one in their family wants him around their kids."</blockquote>

Wow. Sounds similar to some of the stuff my DSS went through. His BM was quite literally a mostly absent drug wh**e. DSS had extreme behavioral/maladaptive problems. My husband has full custody and I am the primary parent in the household so it has been my job to clean up my DSS life.
When he was 5 he attacked and nearly killed my 1 and 1/2 yr old daughter. Suffocated her in her crib while we were all sleeping. Tried to pull her ears off her head. We had to go to OCS, and we got him in therapy. This was three years ago. Such a nightmare. I have helped DSS so much, and he has changed for the best. But there are days when I wonder if they psychopathy he displayed will eer truly be something that can be cured. His BM is a psychopath, and this scares me all the more. But to this day, and I am proud to say, due to my dilligence and hands on parenting, the problems we face with him now are more along the lines of what is to be expected.

Hen things get rough, it helps to remember that some kids have been dealt a truly bad hand in life. A lot of the wrongs they commit are because they are hurting inside and because they have other terrible role models in their lives.

You and I are obviously different people, but if your pregnancy is meant to be, it will workout regardless of stress. I think I have face more than most parents face in a lifetime with our nightmare of a situation. Here I am on yet another pregnancy with my husband and I have a history of miscarriages.

Breathe, get a heating pad, and think happy thoughts. I hope all goes well for you.

Lindsay Smith Due January 25; Japan 1 posts
25th Nov '12

The pain could be due to dehydration. I had spotting this pregnancy at 12 weeks and at 16. 12 weeks was due to a small placental tear, 16 weeks was called a small blood spot on placenta which then went away. For now drink more water than you could imagine and lie down on your left side. Every time I felt achy or in pain the doctor told me to do that and I felt 10 times better after. Take a little nap and just relax. I ended up going to the ER for both times I had spotting, I also had miscarriages in the past so I was on high alert. If you feel you need to, its better to be safe than sorry. I hope everything works out for you. :?

25th Nov '12
Quoting Safka9973:" <blockquote><b>Quoting B.A.C.M11:</b>" omg I love kids! I always have, but this kid ... [snip!] ... and I have a history of miscarriages. Breathe, get a heating pad, and think happy thoughts. I hope all goes well for you."

i have done so much for that kid, we got him into therepy but he just says he doesnt want to be there, we cant force him to talk. i want to but him in the diversion program. basically the county he lives in would take control of the situation. i just dont know what else to do.

and thanks, im laying on the couch in my fleece pjs watching cartoons with the kids lol.

Baby Defreeze Due November 25 (girl); Tulsa, Oklahoma 21 posts
25th Nov '12

your ob should have a 24 hr # for you to call if not i would go get checked at the er.