Reply
Vbac after Csection Mandy Harle-burge Due December 30; 48 kids; Spencer, Iowa 46 posts
26th Nov '12

hello i am pregnant with my 2nd child. we had a csection with our first child ... due to the doc thought he was too big to have normal. come to find out he was wrong but... ne way. our doctor is going to allow us to try a vbac trial.. i want to know is there ne one out there thats had a vbac or know ne one .. and know ne info on it. i have read on the risks and what not. just need some comfort i suppose..

DifferentDay Due June 2; 34 kids; Tennessee 3467 posts
26th Nov '12

ICAN network. com or .org is helping me w a vba2c. Best advice? Make sure ur dr is n does perform vbacs regularly. Not just says they do. Also check w ur hosp if they even allow them. some dont at all. The website has a list of Facebook groups for cities close by to check into. The women in mine helped find me a new dr, the hosp that allows them, n has several midwives n doulas on it as well. I ask them something once a week it seems. Super helpful resource. There's vbac classes u can take, all sorts of articles/research on risks, etc. best of luck

£exaholic 2 kids; Colorado 20867 posts
26th Nov '12

They are safer than sections statistically. I would get a midwife, not a doctor. Or a doula. Birthwithoutfear.com has tons of VBAC stories. My friend irl just had one.

.Mommy.[40] 18 kids; Beverly Hills, California 21297 posts
26th Nov '12

If it's the same dr as your first I would definetly get a different doctor for starters...

Mandy Harle-burge Due December 30; 48 kids; Spencer, Iowa 46 posts
26th Nov '12

it is a different doctor and a different stat he says im a great canidate to have this vbac.. just want to get support and maby hear of peoples stories.. they are rare. doctors dont like doing them. my doc does a handful a year. he is head of ob and very happy to do mine.. just nervous u know.. i will have my water broke. and nooo meds at all if havent had my baby within 15 hrs or so .. ill have broke at 6am and by 5pm if not here ill have a csection...

*Amo a Mis Nenas* 3 kids; Birmingham, Alabama 8838 posts
26th Nov '12

*anyone
*any




I had a csection with my first and a VBAC with my second

*Amo a Mis Nenas* 3 kids; Birmingham, Alabama 8838 posts
26th Nov '12

Btw. I didnt have my water broken until i was 9cm. And within 1 hr i had her... You dont have to have your water broken right away. It actually helps with your pain to have that cusion. Between you and babys head.

Mandy Harle-burge Due December 30; 48 kids; Spencer, Iowa 46 posts
26th Nov '12

im wanting a planned pregnancy i dnt want to like wait i guess ud say. all my fam is coming from all over the world

£exaholic 2 kids; Colorado 20867 posts
26th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Mandy Harle-burge:</b>" im wanting a planned pregnancy i dnt want to like wait i guess ud say. all my fam is coming from all over the world "</blockquote>




Uh :? So you want to pick when your baby comes? How about you & your family waits...

DifferentDay Due June 2; 34 kids; Tennessee 3467 posts
26th Nov '12
Quoting Mandy Harle-burge:" it is a different doctor and a different stat he says im a great canidate to have this vbac.. just want ... [snip!] ... meds at all if havent had my baby within 15 hrs or so .. ill have broke at 6am and by 5pm if not here ill have a csection..."

... uh that doesn't sound like a vbac to me more like an induction in which statistically can lead to a csection.

*Amo a Mis Nenas* 3 kids; Birmingham, Alabama 8838 posts
26th Nov '12

I wouldnt do an induction after having a csection. Mainly bc the contractions are worse. And theres an increase chance for uterine rupture. You should let your baby come when he/she is ready. Not what convenient for you, your family, or your doctor....

£exaholic 2 kids; Colorado 20867 posts
26th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting *Amo a Mis Nenas*:</b>" I wouldnt do an induction after having a csection. Mainly bc the contractions are worse. And theres an ... [snip!] ... rupture. You should let your baby come when he/she is ready. Not what convenient for you, your family, or your doctor...."</blockquote>




Yea if you are a good candidate for VBAC the chance of uterine rupture is less than 1% but it shoots the hell up if you get pitocin, I think to like 15%? Idk exactly but eh... No. Lol

Mandy Harle-burge Due December 30; 48 kids; Spencer, Iowa 46 posts
26th Nov '12

Im not getting ne meds at all only thing hes doimg is breaking my water 6 days b4 my due date.. im all for waiting but wen u live 9in hrs to closest relative n ur husbands boss makes u givr a month notice for vaca and u gta find daycare for 2 kids n have no one to help u its hard to not have it planned. My life goes by a calander
A schedual i have no one to help me so i gta plan stuff .. or ill have 2him kids in hospital with me having a baby..

£exaholic 2 kids; Colorado 20867 posts
26th Nov '12
Quoting Mandy Harle-burge:" Im not getting ne meds at all only thing hes doimg is breaking my water 6 days b4 my due date.. im all ... [snip!] ... calander A schedual i have no one to help me so i gta plan stuff .. or ill have 2him kids in hospital with me having a baby.."


What kind of a doctor breaks your water? & 6 days before your due date? What the f**k. That doesn't even induce labour... you will more than likely end up w/ another c-section...

Ryloonjimama Australia 18851 posts
26th Nov '12

If you want a "planned" birth, why not just elect another cesarean?



You'd probably be better off doing that since being induced, you'll have a higher risk of an emergency cesarean anyway... especially if your induction is well before bub most likely is even ready.