12 week ultrasoun and gender Lucky_me Due June 7; 18 kids; Mattoon, Illinois 1107 posts
26th Nov '12

OK first of all i know its wayyyy early however I had a u/s today and the tech attempted to check for gender.. Im suppose to be 12w2d but baby was measuring at 12 w exactly... so she said it was to close to call. But i saw a tiny bulge in the area wondering what you guys saw a 12 weeks when you went and what you ended up having? Thanks for the imput!!

Courtney Hoffe Due March 18; 4 kids; Toronto, Ontario 6 posts
26th Nov '12

I found out the genders of my twins (3rd pregnancy) at 15 weeks, 4 days, and it was very clear they were boys. But then the tech showed me a female ultrasound at the same stage, and the c******s is long and can be mistaken for a p***s. It just happened my US was correct, but I think 12 weeks would still be too early, since both sexes look so similar then.

Kimberlea Boggs 1 child; Reynoldsburg, Ohio 385 posts
26th Nov '12

At that point both boys and girls have little nubs and they look the same. Ot will either turn into a p***s or c******s and there really isn't a way of knowing until a little later.

Lucky_me Due June 7; 18 kids; Mattoon, Illinois 1107 posts
26th Nov '12

Ok thanks ladies, guess ill just be waiting a few more weeks! Must find patience!!!

Courtney Hoffe Due March 18; 4 kids; Toronto, Ontario 6 posts
26th Nov '12
Quoting Lucky_me:" Ok thanks ladies, guess ill just be waiting a few more weeks! Must find patience!!!"

I had no patience at all, and I was lucky to find out early. I went to First Look just before 16 weeks and got accurate genders for my twins. There was no way I could have waited until 20 weeks!