7 year old girl loosing hair? LilFabiansMommy TTC since Jan 2012; 2 kids; Lorain, Ohio 78 posts
26th Nov '12

Thanks for all the help

lauren [+2] Due March 14; 2 kids; Georgia 13472 posts
26th Nov '12

I went to school with a boy who would pull it out, not realizing it. It was a nervous habit.

Had my 10/10/10 baby! Brighton, ca, United States 1144 posts
26th Nov '12

Is she possibly pulling it out when no one is around. I have known kids to do this when they are under a lot of stress or don't know how to control their emotions.

Purple Pumpkin Tits 2 kids; 8484 posts
26th Nov '12

Can it be the same thing with infants who rub their heads on carseats and their hair rubs off? Could she be rubbing it on something and it's just causing it to come out?

Kitten Power TTC since Aug 2011; 48 kids; Japan 1140 posts
26th Nov '12

stress did this to me when i was her age, keep an eye on her

LilFabiansMommy TTC since Jan 2012; 2 kids; Lorain, Ohio 78 posts
26th Nov '12
Quoting lauren [+2] TTC#3:" I went to school with a boy who would pull it out, not realizing it. It was a nervous habit."

I have never noticed her doing that and its something that just happened it hasnt been over time. so I dont know if it would be that.

26th Nov '12
Quoting Had my 10/10/10 baby!:" Is she possibly pulling it out when no one is around. I have known kids to do this when they are under a lot of stress or don't know how to control their emotions."

I dont know if she would be doing that but I dont think she does that. I will talk to her about this the next time we get her though.

26th Nov '12
Quoting Kitten Power:" stress did this to me when i was her age, keep an eye on her"

I think its stress cause I really dont understand how the doctor has not found out the reason yet and all test are negative. Thanks so much for letting me know the same thing had happened to you. I just want a answer for her so her mother can try to get it fixed with the doctor. I love this little girl like shes my own and I hate it that she might be that stressed out at such a young age. I've been around her since she was one and we are very close.

27th Nov '12
Quoting LilFabiansMommy:" I think its stress cause I really dont understand how the doctor has not found out the reason yet and ... [snip!] ... hate it that she might be that stressed out at such a young age. I've been around her since she was one and we are very close. "

its alapesha (duno how to spell it) i think, you need to go to a different doctor, i found out i was stressed after moving to a new house and a new school :( thats how i recognize this :(

27th Nov '12
Quoting Kitten Power:" its alapesha (duno how to spell it) i think, you need to go to a different doctor, i found out i was stressed after moving to a new house and a new school :( thats how i recognize this :("

Im just her step mom so I cant really do to much but this past weekend when she was over she told me it wasnt Alapesha cause her mom had looked into that. I dont know what it could be and I pray its not something bad and her hair can be back to normal.

27th Nov '12
Quoting LilFabiansMommy:" Im just her step mom so I cant really do to much but this past weekend when she was over she told me ... [snip!] ... her mom had looked into that. I dont know what it could be and I pray its not something bad and her hair can be back to normal."

my hair came back to normal, only thinner, she maybe pulling it out, cause unbelievably i went through that too :(