14 weeks! P Pickle Pants 98 kids; California 20522 posts
27th Nov '12

Since someone stole myphone, pics are a big PITA, but I'll post some later after I take some with my regular camera and upload them.

In the past week:
1. retired all my non-maternity pants. I was a size 8 (sometimes 6) pre-pregnancy and only 1 pair of pants still comes close to fitting and they are super uncomfortable. I can still get them on and get them up, but they just don't have a prayer of closing, haha.
2. I am feeling baby kick daily. Not all day yet (I'm waiting with anticipation :D), but at least one or two little pokes a day, usually after I sneeze or pee.
3. No more tummy sleeping. I could get away with it for a little while, but now it is too uncomfortable even to start off with. so, I still sleep lying on the side of my tummy with my leg out so I don't squish the baby, haha.
4.I've lost 3 lbs. I approve of this, but only because I know I'm eating enough calories---Thanksgiving, anyone? I have eaten more potato salad and stuffing and turkey than anyone should :wink: Puts total weight gain from pregnancy to 2lbs gain.
5. My acne is back---with a vengeance. Lends credence to the girl/ugly thing since the tech said she suspects that I'm carrying a girl since we didn't see any dangly bits on yesterday's ultrasound.
6. My uterus is up to my belly button, or actually JUST below it; my doc confirmed. I know that's big for 14 weeks, but doc said it has more to do with the angle of my uterus (tilted forward---he said it explains why I look so big so early and always have with all my pregnancies, even my first) than with the size, but agrees that my uterus is probably measuring a couple of weeks ahead because it is my 3rd pregnancy.
7. My cervix is crazy long (7.5 cm). My doc said he's never even seen a cervix that long. He also said my cervix is "S" shaped at the very top, so he's hopeful that he'll have plenty of room to maneuver when he puts in my cerclage.
8. Cerclage date is set for Dec 18th. He said I'm getting a MacDonald cerclage (standard) as high up as he can get it using merseline tape (less risk of infection, stronger hold, more durable, less damaging to the cervix). I'll be given antibiotics before and he's not making me get a catheter since the procedure is so fast (yay! lower risk of UTI/bladder infection). And he said that I don't HAVE to have a needle in the spine and he'll schedule a consult with the anesthesiologist for me so that he can discuss what's best for baby vs me not wanting a needle in the spine because of the risks to me (I really don't want long-term back pain, spinal headaches, infection, or a myriad other things---sure epidurals and spinal blocks may be "routine" but people have long term side effects from them on a VERY regular basis). So yay for having options.
9. DH is in the "field"--luckily he comes home every night for at least long enough to catch a couple of hours of sleep, but it means he's basically out of communication until Dec 16th during the day. Makes me a little nervous since I have his phone (so I have access to emergency care if needed) because mine was stolen. Can't wait to replace mine so he can have his back and I can call/text HIM if I need him!
10. I'm in the second trimester---which means NOTHING as far as my risks, but it at least means that I'm OUT of the first trimester and solidly on our way. It means I'm in the exciting time when I can feel baby and such and don't have to be as afraid because I can be more connected. This is the special time when I alone have that one-on-one connection with my baby because only I can feel him/her and only I can know what is happening. In a few short weeks, I'll have to share the kicks and wiggles with Big Brother and Daddy and the rest of our friends, but for now, its just the two of us in this body getting to know each other.
11. Wrapping my head around the idea of a GIRL. Seems mind-boggling after being the momma of a boy for 4 years! That little guy has ruled my world for so long, its going to be a BIG change in gears! Not that I'm not looking forward to the challenge, but after Deagan, I always had this idea of having 2 little boys. Little brothers and partners in crime. That image is changing now and its a little heartbreaking to give up that dream, even if I've known for a long time that Deagan can't fill that role. But, at the same time, a girl means tutus and bows and frilly stuff that'll drive my husband crazy :D I know I'm going to love this baby insanely regardless of gender, but boy is it sure gonna be different! We'll see if the tech was right, but since Smidget has been SWEARING this baby is a girl since my BFP, I'm going to bet he's right. Strange!
12. Not going home for Christmas :( Since my surgery is the 18th and I'll be recovering til the 20th or 21st on bedrest, there's just no way to get it all done. Which also means that I need to get ALL of the Christmas shopping done early and get gifts mailed and the house decorated and the meal plan planned out so that I can take it easy between my surgery and Christmas and not overdo it---I am still going to make a super tasty Christmas dinner and bake cookies and such, though. Just with lots of help from DH and some friends :D

I think those are all the big developments, at least as far as pregnancy goes. I'm still not buying anything any time soon. I'm just terrified of having something go horribly wrong again and then having to walk back into a house with a nursery that's almost all set up and all these baby things meant for this baby that will never be worn or played with or used. Man, I don't think I can deal with that!

Ꭶwan♥Nemo 1 child; Kansas City, Missouri 7416 posts
27th Nov '12

yayyyy STICK BABY!

also i keep forgetting about your sodas! they are in my refrigerator lol. Ill remember I promise.

P Pickle Pants 98 kids; California 20522 posts
27th Nov '12
Quoting Ꭶwan♥Nem
Pey and Trista's mommy Due January 5; 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Houston, Texas 42503 posts
27th Nov '12

Yay for crazy long cervix! lol

babycakes! 18 kids; Orem, Utah 1939 posts
27th Nov '12

You made it!! You kinda disappeared out of the may group!!! I hope you come by and give us updates!!!

27th Nov '12

You made it!! You kinda disappeared out of the may group!!! I hope you come by and give us updates!!!

27th Nov '12
Quoting babycakes!:" You made it!! You kinda disappeared out of the may group!!! I hope you come by and give us updates!!!"

I couldn't be happy for the happy posts yet because I was so afraid of losing my pregnancy. And the sad posts only upset me more, so I had to leave for a while. If all goes well with my surgery, I'll probably rejoin the group after New Years when the family stuff dies down a bit :D

27th Nov '12

My handsome man: https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/252373_1000154185859_1798930645_n.jpg

27th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting P Pickle Pants:</b>" I couldn't be happy for the happy posts yet because I was so afraid of losing my pregnancy. And the ... [snip!] ... If all goes well with my surgery, I'll probably rejoin the group after New Years when the family stuff dies down a bit :D"</blockquote>

Well I hope we see you in there soon.

the BEAST Wisconsin 15638 posts
27th Nov '12

Excellent news!

Chick+6.5! Due October 18; 6 kids; 1 angel baby; Colorado 7766 posts
27th Nov '12

Awesomeness! I have been waiting for an update! :)

Loretta West [+1] Due March 26; TTC since May 2013; 1 child; Auckland, New Zealand 6042 posts
status 27th Nov '12

Yaaaay for 14 weeks!! Congratulations :D Sending lots of positive thoughts and sticky dust your way :D
P.S. Your boy is absolutely adorable!!

user banned 4 kids; Mueang Phuket, Thailand 30487 posts
27th Nov '12

This is all GREAT news : ) im soo soo soo happy for you!
Im so happy Cass is getting her baby anytime now too! eeek, its about damn time for you.

Shanaddy 1 child; Tulsa, Oklahoma 882 posts
27th Nov '12

What a great update!! So happy for you!

AnnieH Due December 14; 2 kids; Israel 3845 posts
28th Nov '12

I'm really happy for you, so far so good. xo