39 weeks tomorrow, doctor talking about induction.... Amber Waves 1 child; Charleston, South Carolina 596 posts
28th Nov '12

at my appointment today i got checked again to see if i were anymore dilated, and im still at a 1. *&^%$#@! ok. the doctor was saying walking and sex were good things to help me thin out. i looked over at SO who didnt catch the second part so when we were walking out to the car i said, "Ya hear that? we need to have sex." he was like, "I thought she just said walking was good." i said, "No, its medically necessary that we have 'intercourse' now." lol he's just apprehensive because he doesnt want to act like a dog on me right now especially since im always in some sort of pain, which is sweet, but i do know sex will help..so i was like, "we dont have to f**k and be crazy, just stretch me out some thats all." lol

anyway, while at the docs as she was checking me for dilation she said i may have to be induced when im 39 weeks and next thursday ill be 40 weeks and that day is the baby's due date. December 6th. then she asked me what my thoughts were about it. i told her i wanted to wait as long as i possibly could. she agreed, she said she knows its best to wait rather than induce but that they could not let me go past 40 weeks. i dont know why they would induce at 39 weeks though. she understood i didnt want to be induced though because that could lead to chemical intervention and c section and all that stuff i dont want because i really really really want a natural childbirth. but if my youngin doesnt show up within this week or next, looks like i have to get induced. that scares the shit out of me. unnecessary pain is not what i want, and i dont want an epidural for many reasons. COME ON BABY if he could just get here before they get their hands on me thatd be great lol so, sex it is, and hopefully SO is willing for lots of it for the next week.

KissMeFinnNelson<3 1 child; 2 angel babies; Glasgow, Scotland, UK, United Kingdom 5388 posts
28th Nov '12

Poor your foot down, in the UK they won't even consider an induction until you are 41 weeks. It is not necessary for them to have to induce you at 40 weeks, unless there is a medical reason?

drunk faith1 1 child; Alabama 10081 posts
28th Nov '12

It's not true that she 'can't let you' go past 40 weeks. If you don't want to be induced, say no and stand firm. They CANNOT force you.

lolajessup 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44070 posts
28th Nov '12

Theres no reason u can't go overdue u less you are havin issues with something. Your dd could be wrong.

мɑkɑnɑni 1 angel baby; ~, FL, United States 65697 posts
28th Nov '12

Why are docs so induction happy when there's no medical necessity? :?

greenmamabecky☮ TTC since Jul 2013; 18 kids; Enfield, Connecticut 20987 posts
28th Nov '12

Why the hell won't she let you go past 40 weeks?
And btw you can 100% refuse induction they can't make you do anything!

Veronica m6 Due February 25 (boy); Fort Richardson, Alaska 1514 posts
28th Nov '12

I know people who went up to like 42wks. I thought they only forced a woman to get induced if medically needed. IDK what the rules are on that but I would check deeper, if I was you..

lil*Mama*Bear 2 kids; Veneta, Oregon 4957 posts
28th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting sταrry skies:</b>" Why are docs so induction happy when there's no medical necessity? :?"</blockquote>

Cuz it's scheduled so they dont have to come in on their time off and when it ends in a c-section they make bank.

greenmamabecky☮ TTC since Jul 2013; 18 kids; Enfield, Connecticut 20987 posts
28th Nov '12
Quoting VERONICA. MOM OF 6:" I know people who went up to like 42wks. I thought they only forced a woman to get induced if medically needed. IDK what the rules are on that but I would check deeper, if I was you.."

I went to 41w3d and I still had a choice of whether or not I wanted to be induced :)

28th Nov '12

She is being ridiculous. unless there is some medical issue that you didn't state? I've never heard "can't let ya go past 40wk" maybe 41or 42 but wow. Wait as long as you can! It sounds like you have a lot of strength to not jump on the induction train when your doc is pushing it. Good for you. She can't do it unless you okay it and go to the hospital to get it done. So good luck and stay strong. Your baby knows what's best. Oh and for sex, get on top so you can control what happens. Might make him feel better.

Samantha turlington Columbus, Ohio 3144 posts
28th Nov '12

they had to induced me cause my water was low and they said cause we dont induced on weekends and said my due date is on a weekend and it wasnt unless they was going by the 1st one... it was painful too..

Amber Waves 1 child; Charleston, South Carolina 596 posts
28th Nov '12
Quoting lil*Mama*Bear
28th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Amber Waves:</b>" no medical issue, so far. this pregnancy has gone great by the textbooks. she agreed and understood ... [snip!] ... pain or also lead to an unnecessary c section. if they induce me, hopefully i can still go through the rest naturally."</blockquote>

And what is the issues she told you can happen? Doctors will try to scare you into what they want.

Amber Waves 1 child; Charleston, South Carolina 596 posts
28th Nov '12
Quoting lil*Mama*Bear
28th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Amber Waves:</b>" well just that it becomes an unhealthy home for the baby. like the placenta can begin to harden- stopping giving the baby what it needs, their skin gets red and flaky, meconium..."</blockquote>

Do the research. She just doesn't want to wait. She wants the baby to come on her time. It's natural for babies to come as late as 44wk. A due date is just a guess. Babies know best. my mother was induced with me at 41wk and then they decided once I was born that maybe they should have waited. Same with me and my son. I wasn't educated about it and was induced. It ended in a c-section because we weren't ready. I had planned not to break my water so if it failed I could go home but in the moment the doctor convinced me it was best. Why? Cuz she wanted to get it over with.