6 month old feeding schedule ❀Sarah❀ 2 kids; Cocking, EU, Europe 122646 posts
status 29th Nov '12

So I just got my Gerber packet in the mail today for Kellan's 6 month info. I like the little tips and advice they give in them. This one has a feeding schedule layout in it it goes

Morning bottle - 4oz bottle/bm
Breakfast - cereal mixed with fruit(1/3 tub 2nd stage foods, 4tbsp cereal)
mid morning snack - 4oz bottle/bm
lunch - 4oz bm/formula in sippy, 1tub 2nd stage foods
afternoon snack - 4oz bottle/bm & 1/2 tub of 2nd stage foods
dinner - 4oz bm/formula in sippy & cereal mixed with veggies (same as before 4tbsp cereal and 1 tub of 2nd stage foods)
Night time bottle - 4oz bottle/bm

Does anyone use this schedule? It seems like a lot of solids but I could be wrong because my oldest never ate like that until he after his 1st birthday.

Kellan, my 6 month old daily schedule is like this
morning bottle - 8oz
lunch bottle(usually 3-4 hours later) 8oz bottle
afternoon bottle - 8oz bottle
Between 4-5pm he gets 1 tub of 2nd stage foods
then around 6 he gets another 8 oz bottle.

Do you think I should start incorporating more solids like the one Gerber suggests now that hes older? The AAP says cereal really isnt needed but maybe I should give it a try? Hes only had it in his bottle for reflux before we could get a prescription for AR formula.

Sweetheart...* Due July 30 (girl); 1 child; Florida 1290 posts
29th Nov '12

That seems like way too much for a 6 month old... At that age my daughter was just starting solids. My schedule was more like yours.

homes cool TTC since May 2014; 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Indiana 61358 posts
29th Nov '12

That sounds like a ton of food, and a ton of wonderful profit for the company. :lol:

Jillian Lindsey 2 kids; Mosheim, Tennessee 2354 posts
29th Nov '12
Quoting ♡Sarah♡ + 2:" So I just got my Gerber packet in the mail today for Kellan's 6 month info. I like the little tips and ... [snip!] ... but maybe I should give it a try? Hes only had it in his bottle for reflux before we could get a prescription for AR formula."

that sounds like a lot of solids to me i addedin solids because formula wasnt cuting it id just add solids if he starts wanting more

dungonenutz Due December 16; 2 kids; Rhode Island 1732 posts
29th Nov '12

I'm going thru the same thing lo is 5 months old and I. Just nurse on demand but its like she's constantly hungry.

I've just been giving her solids once a day like you, but I think I'm gonna bump it up to one in the morning and one at night.

❀Sarah❀ 2 kids; Cocking, EU, Europe 122646 posts
status 29th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting the grace life:</b>" That sounds like a ton of food, and a ton of wonderful profit for the company. :lol:"</blockquote>

You're so smart! I didn't even think of that.

29th Nov '12
Quoting ♡Sarah♡ + 2:" <blockquote><b>Quoting the grace life:</b>" That sounds like a ton of food, and a ton ... [snip!] ... and a ton of wonderful profit for the company. :lol:"</blockquote> You're so smart! I didn't even think of that."

That is all this is. No 6 month old needs that much food.

status 29th Nov '12

Hes definitely content and happy with the schedule we have going on now. I think I'll leave it like that until he seems to want more. Then I'll add solids in the morning too...because he's already maxed out on the normal amount of formula a day- 32oz

29th Nov '12
Quoting ♡Sarah♡ + 2:" Hes definitely content and happy with the schedule we have going on now. I think I'll leave it like that ... [snip!] ... want more. Then I'll add solids in the morning too...because he's already maxed out on the normal amount of formula a day- 32oz"

You know your kid much better than Gerber! :lol:

How are you guys doing, by the way? Heard from the husband recently?

status 29th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting the grace life:</b>" You know your kid much better than Gerber! :lol: How are you guys doing, by the way? Heard from the husband recently? "</blockquote>

He called around midnight to say hi and let me know that he and a group of guys were moving to a different base and he'd call again when he could :)

Amy Packer 1 child; Battle Creek, Michigan 533 posts
29th Nov '12

I don't go by a set schedule ...I just feed him when he is hungry..its usually similar to yours only my son only eats 4-6 ounces of formula at a time..we don't give food daily just when he is acting hungry for more then just bottle but its usually at dinner time he likes to eat like we all are so he will try to get our food

29th Nov '12
Quoting ♡Sarah♡ + 2:" <blockquote><b>Quoting the grace life:</b>" You know your kid much better than Gerber! ... [snip!] ... to say hi and let me know that he and a group of guys were moving to a different base and he'd call again when he could :)"

You have to love those 12am phone calls!

Jillian Lindsey 2 kids; Mosheim, Tennessee 2354 posts
29th Nov '12
Quoting ♡Sarah♡ + 2:" Hes definitely content and happy with the schedule we have going on now. I think I'll leave it like that ... [snip!] ... want more. Then I'll add solids in the morning too...because he's already maxed out on the normal amount of formula a day- 32oz"

this is what i do and if i give DD solids when she doesnt want them she smacks at the spoon and i give her extra formula (up to 32oz) she loves her solids but knows when she needs her formula

User 0123456789 Talofofo, GU, Guam 15032 posts
29th Nov '12

Where's their mention of water in a sippy?

It does seem like a lot of solids for the age, too.

Baby Ballow Mommy 2 kids; Athens, Texas 658 posts
29th Nov '12

My 6 month old eats 7oz of formula about every 4 hours. He eats half to a whole jar of fruits or veggies 3 times a day. His last bottle is around 7 or 8 falls asleep around 9 and wakes up at 4 am for a bottle goes back to sleep and wakes up at 7 for the day. So 4 7 oz bottles and 1 1/2 - 3 jars of food during one day