38 week appointment? Pickle Due September 2 (boy); 1 child; 1 angel baby; Kentucky 4220 posts
29th Nov '12

I have my next appointment at 38 weeks and 2 days and i'm just curious what i should expect did they offer a sweep or talk about induction since i have had no progression? Last week when she checked me she said it was very closed and nothing happening so she mentioned talking about induction if i was willing since she seemed very doubtful he would come on his own. I know anything can change at anytime but what did your doctor talk about or do at your 38 week appointment?

Lovemommylife Due June 2 (girl); 1 child; 3 angel babies; New Mexico 1421 posts
29th Nov '12
Quoting Andrea0510:" I have my next appointment at 38 weeks and 2 days and i'm just curious what i should expect did they ... [snip!] ... come on his own. I know anything can change at anytime but what did your doctor talk about or do at your 38 week appointment?"

I go to mine here in a couple of hours and I'm afraid that I will have made no progress either. I was closed and posterior at 36 weeks.

[Boats&Hoes] 2 kids; Youngstown, Ohio 62966 posts
29th Nov '12

I have mine today. He only mentioned checking me for dilation.

Pickle Due September 2 (boy); 1 child; 1 angel baby; Kentucky 4220 posts
29th Nov '12

Most of my friends who have had babies with the same OB have been induced at 39-40 weeks so i think they get a little induce happy at the clinic.

Mystique Lee Due March 23 (girl); Albuquerque, New Mexico 630 posts
29th Nov '12

If she don't bring things up it don't hurt to ask questions ..talk about what she thinks n how ur feeling and what would be best for u..

29th Nov '12
Quoting Mystique Lee:" If she don't bring things up it don't hurt to ask questions ..talk about what she thinks n how ur feeling and what would be best for u.."

i will thanks

Mystique Lee Due March 23 (girl); Albuquerque, New Mexico 630 posts
29th Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Andrea0510:</b>" i will thanks"</blockquote>

Good luck keep us posted on what ur doctor says

29th Nov '12
Quoting Mystique Lee:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Andrea0510:</b>" i will thanks"</blockquote> Good luck keep us posted on what ur doctor says"

Alright i will! thanks for the support :D

Cora Adams Due December 5 (boy); Tennessee 3 posts
29th Nov '12

I have high blood pressure so I get a ultrasound everytime and at 38 weeks my baby was already measuring 8lb 4oz so they talked to me about inducing me. If he doesnt come on his own by monday morning then I am getting induced then. They should check you to see if you have diolated any and if the dr doesnt say anything about inducing you then mention to him and Good luck maybe everything will go good for you.

*A&N's Mama* 2 kids; Halifax, Nova Scotia 4627 posts
29th Nov '12

My dr checked me, said I was thick & posterior. No mention of induction though she recommended DH & I have more sex and to do squats