4 months pp and back pain where epidural was? Chellie Due September 19; 2 kids; Vegas, Nv, United States 4164 posts
30th Nov '12

I had no problems with the epidural with either labor. With my oldest I never had back pain after the initial healing getting home from the hospital. With my baby it was the same way for about two weeks PP. Now at just over 4 months my back has been hurting where I got it:( I don't know if it is from the weather since it has been raining or just because? It is not excruciating enough to take meds but it bugs me because I don't like hurting and don't take meds unless I absolutely need to.

thoughts/opinions/experiences?

TIA :)

Leah+2 2 kids; Texas 5797 posts
30th Nov '12

I had a spinal, not an epi. But I was sore for a couple months too.

Chellie Due September 19; 2 kids; Vegas, Nv, United States 4164 posts
30th Nov '12
Quoting Bubba Monster's Mommy:" I had a spinal, not an epi. But I was sore for a couple months too."

That's the thing though, it stopped hurting completely until two nights ago and it was just all of a sudden there was pain. It hasn't been constant from it.

The Time Police TTC since Apr 2014; 1 angel baby; Cold Lake, AB, Canada 33305 posts
status 30th Nov '12

I get random pains there, and I haven't had an epidural in 4 years. I also get blisters that itch and bleed when they pop, from my epidural spot, from time to time.

Leah+2 2 kids; Texas 5797 posts
30th Nov '12

Did you fall or move around more than normal or move wrong?

30th Nov '12
Quoting Kayla [:)]♥:" I get random pains there, and I haven't had an epidural in 4 years. I also get blisters that itch and bleed when they pop, from my epidural spot, from time to time."

Ouch:( No blisters or anything there but pain still after 4 years? With my oldest I never had any pain after so I wonder if it has to do with the person who does them?

30th Nov '12
Quoting Bubba Monster's Mommy:" Did you fall or move around more than normal or move wrong?"

I slipped and fell at Wal-Mart a week ago but I don't think that would have anything to do with this would it?

Monsters² Mom 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Dahlgren, VA, United States 4683 posts
2nd Dec '12

I'm 19 months postpartum and still get pain in my epidural injection site. If I lay on the ground flat on my back it hurts so bad that I can't get up.
My doctor said that sometimes you can have a spinal leak at the injection site, but he swore occasional pain isn't indicative of that. My mom is 18 years postpartum from her last epidural and still gets some pain in that spot every now and again.

2nd Dec '12
Quoting ℳonster's ℳom:" I'm 19 months postpartum and still get pain in my epidural injection site. If I lay on the ground flat ... [snip!] ... of that. My mom is 18 years postpartum from her last epidural and still gets some pain in that spot every now and again."

Aww:( Can i just go back to having my baby with no epidural and with no back pain? lol I love the epi and not feeling but if i would have know this time was going to hurt me i wouldn't have gotten the epidural.