29 weeks and she trying to come can she live this early? Rosa Newhouse 35 kids; Warrenton, North Carolina 135 posts
1st Dec '12

29 weeks and 1 day due feb 15th and she is ready to come help

existentialism 2 kids; Texas 16990 posts
1st Dec '12
Quoting Rosa Newhouse:" 29 weeks and 1 day due feb 15th and she is ready to come help"

29 weeks is early but very viable with today's technology. Best of luck to you and your little baby.

Switzerpuss 17 kids; Nebraska 2281 posts
1st Dec '12

It is viable, but your child would be very sick and have to be in the NICU for quite some time- As the lungs and many of the other major organs are not yet developed.

Best of luck! Hopefully the baby stays in there awhile longer

Baby Defreeze Due November 25 (girl); Tulsa, Oklahoma 21 posts
1st Dec '12

Now they have so many ways to prevent her from coming. If that doesnt work they can give baby steroid shots to help lungs etc

Emma's Mama ♥ 1 child; 1077 posts
1st Dec '12

Are doctors succeeding with trying to stop labor?

I was born at 29 weeks. I was 3 lbs 2 oz and 16 inches long. I had to stay in the NICU for 6 weeks and then when I came home I was wearing a heart monitor. So yes, it is possible :) But there will be some obstacles to go through! Good luck!

Mom of 4 Little Boys! 4 kids; 2 angel babies; Hillsboro, Oregon 4721 posts
status 1st Dec '12

Yes, she could survive at this early. My brother was born at 26 weeks and he is NOW 33 years old. My best friend's daughter was born at 24 weeks only weighing 1lbs 4oz and she had to stay at the hospital until her due date. She is now a happy and healthy 4 year old.

Good luck hun! Hopefully, she will decide to stay in there and bake a little longer.

lolajessup 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44070 posts
1st Dec '12

Another mama who was 29 weeks just posted today that she had her baby. Maybe you two can get in contact. Lemme see if I can find her but im mobile so my link won't be active.

Rosa Newhouse 35 kids; Warrenton, North Carolina 135 posts
1st Dec '12

i had my son at 32 weeks he was in the hosiptal a month i had shots to help his lungs come in and they gave me her shots this past week and im also on the 17 p shot and pills every 6 hours to stop laybor but my partive area is swelling making it hard to pee and im not sure if thats normal

lolajessup 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44070 posts
1st Dec '12

Here ya go mama.
http://members.baby-gaga.com/member121541
Hopefully you two can encourage each other. Good luck. Every day counts mama.

_______Nope_________ 23772 posts
1st Dec '12

By 29 weeks it's between 90-95% survival rate, so the odds are VERY good. They will be in the NICU, but the odds of them making it are very very good. They will of course try to prevent labor this early, but if it happens they can do a lot to help.

My LO came at 27 weeks and is a healthy and happy almost 3 year old now.

user banned 3 kids; Texas 26201 posts
1st Dec '12
Quoting Rosa Newhouse:" 29 weeks and 1 day due feb 15th and she is ready to come help"

I had mine at 29 weeks 2 days.

Shes breathing on her own.

Rosa Newhouse 35 kids; Warrenton, North Carolina 135 posts
1st Dec '12

he has been trying to come the past few weeks but we have been able to stop her now my vag is swelling making it hard to pee and im not sure if its normal for it to swell should i call L&D and ask or what im freaked

_______Nope_________ 23772 posts
1st Dec '12
Quoting Rosa Newhouse:" he has been trying to come the past few weeks but we have been able to stop her now my vag is swelling ... [snip!] ... swelling making it hard to pee and im not sure if its normal for it to swell should i call L&D and ask or what im freaked"

Swelling is normal, however, if you've been having preterm labor issues and you're worried it's ALWAYS best to call and ask. Better safe then sorry, TRUST ME. I waited because I figured "I'm too early!" When I finally did go in I was already dilated to a 9 and there was nothing they could do to stop the labor.

Amanda-lynne Due February 14 (girl); Georgina, Ontario 1 posts
1st Dec '12

im having the erges to push and alot of pain my o.b said shes ready to come but shes just preparing me and not to worry about it until about 34 to 35 weeks

Lacie Friedline 1 child; Somerset, Pennsylvania 96 posts
2nd Dec '12

my little sister was born at 29 weeks 20 yrs ago and she's very healthy..and medicine sure has improved since then.. but good luck and hopefuly she stays in threre longer