Reply
Krystal Shelton 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Tatum, TX, United States 153 posts
3rd Dec '12

I understand everybody saying wait but if I had waited I would have lost my son. My son was due June 27th and I had him June 1st induced; he was 7.7 and perfectly health but. I got an infection and he was almost septic. It all depends on your situation and if you have any medical problems. I wouldn't go the castor oil way but there are other stuff like raspberry tea and if you are able go for some walks. I will add that I had my 2nd son at 37 weeks induced as well and he was 8.3 and perfectly healthy. Go off of your own gut instincts and do whatever you feel is necessary for you.

Jennybananna 2 kids; Gilbert, AZ, United States 25079 posts
3rd Dec '12
Quoting Krystal Shelton:" I understand everybody saying wait but if I had waited I would have lost my son. My son was due June ... [snip!] ... as well and he was 8.3 and perfectly healthy. Go off of your own gut instincts and do whatever you feel is necessary for you."

You were having a medical issue thats 100% different. She should be listening to her doctor not just doing whatever sounds good to her.

RachelAdams28 Due March 24 (boy); New York, 50 posts
3rd Dec '12
Quoting Brittany D3390:" how many of you took castor oil? Did it work!!?"

BUMP. never heard about it

Zeke's Mama Due September 26; 1 child; Pensacola, Florida 5196 posts
status 3rd Dec '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Krystal Shelton:</b>" I understand everybody saying wait but if I had waited I would have lost my son. My son was due June ... [snip!] ... as well and he was 8.3 and perfectly healthy. Go off of your own gut instincts and do whatever you feel is necessary for you."</blockquote>




That's completely different. You had medical reasons.

Krystal Shelton 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Tatum, TX, United States 153 posts
3rd Dec '12

I had the medical issue b/c I listened to my doctor and let them stop my labor for too long. I'm saying listen to yourself, body and mind. Listen to your doctor till yourself is telling you that they are wrong. If you want to induce than talk to your doctor and see about homeopathic remedies that could help you. I'm not posting on here for replies just trying to respond to the original post

Boobo&bugs Due September 24; 1 child; Simpsonville, South Carolina 5711 posts
status 3rd Dec '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Krystal Shelton:</b>" I understand everybody saying wait but if I had waited I would have lost my son. My son was due June ... [snip!] ... as well and he was 8.3 and perfectly healthy. Go off of your own gut instincts and do whatever you feel is necessary for you."</blockquote>



I was induced to save the life of my child. But it is completely different. Feeling like you're ready and feeling that your baby is in danger are two desperate things.

lauren [+2] Due March 14; 2 kids; Georgia 13472 posts
3rd Dec '12
Quoting Krystal Shelton:" I had the medical issue b/c I listened to my doctor and let them stop my labor for too long. I'm saying ... [snip!] ... about homeopathic remedies that could help you. I'm not posting on here for replies just trying to respond to the original post"


Shes not trying to STOP labor though. Your body was ready and trying to get him out because there was a problem. She just wants to get hers out for shits and giggles apparently.

Jennybananna 2 kids; Gilbert, AZ, United States 25079 posts
3rd Dec '12
Quoting Krystal Shelton:" I had the medical issue b/c I listened to my doctor and let them stop my labor for too long. I'm saying ... [snip!] ... about homeopathic remedies that could help you. I'm not posting on here for replies just trying to respond to the original post"

You are posting in a public forum you are gonna get replies regardless of if you want them or not. The doctor tried to stop labor so your baby had the best chance of survival and no NICU time.

Zeke's Mama Due September 26; 1 child; Pensacola, Florida 5196 posts
status 3rd Dec '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Krystal Shelton:</b>" I had the medical issue b/c I listened to my doctor and let them stop my labor for too long. I'm saying ... [snip!] ... about homeopathic remedies that could help you. I'm not posting on here for replies just trying to respond to the original post"</blockquote>




1. Public forum. You're gonna get responses whether you want them or not. Don't like it? Don't post.
2. If something is wrong her doctor needs to be contacted. She shouldn't be doing anything to evict her baby.

Squeaky McGee 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 63826 posts
3rd Dec '12
Quoting Brittany D3390:" we had a scan last week he is over 6lbs I am 70%effaced & 1+cmdilated"


And...? That doesn't mean that baby is ready. Just be patient and stop trying to force your baby out before he's ready.

Jennybananna 2 kids; Gilbert, AZ, United States 25079 posts
3rd Dec '12

lets put this in video form
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-hJ596IvLQ

Squeaky McGee 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 63826 posts
3rd Dec '12
Quoting Jennybananna:" lets put this in video form http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-hJ596IvLQ"


Unfortunately, it sounds like the OP has already decided that her baby is ready, so this message probably won't change her mind...

Casandra Robinson-Vazquez Due December 19 (boy); 16 kids; Wisconsin 61 posts
3rd Dec '12

I would not do it bc chances r very slim to none. I asked my obgyn about this and he got so upset with me he yelled at me ! Bc three things can happen ur baby will pass meconium inside of u which he will start eatting his own poop and it could cause infection or possible kill ur unborn child ! Or it will just make u sick as hell and dehydrate u which then u will find urself in the e.r for a day getting floods pumped into u !



Trust me i was trying everything to try to get my baby out by myself only to find out either friday of this week if im lucky ill b getting induced .but regardless next week i will ready or not . The last couple weeks are hell but regardless of what u try and dont try if baby dont want to come out lol he wont come out ...good luck to you best of wishes mama hopefully all gets better for u! And it start going by quickly .

Casandra Robinson-Vazquez Due December 19 (boy); 16 kids; Wisconsin 61 posts
3rd Dec '12

I would not do it bc chances r very slim to none. I asked my obgyn about this and he got so upset with me he yelled at me ! Bc three things can happen ur baby will pass meconium inside of u which he will start eatting his own poop and it could cause infection or possible kill ur unborn child ! Or it will just make u sick as hell and dehydrate u which then u will find urself in the e.r for a day getting floods pumped into u !



Trust me i was trying everything to try to get my baby out by myself only to find out either friday of this week if im lucky ill b getting induced .but regardless next week i will ready or not . The last couple weeks are hell but regardless of what u try and dont try if baby dont want to come out lol he wont come out ...good luck to you best of wishes mama hopefully all gets better for u! And it start going by quickly .

sillygirltracyb_caius1222 4 kids; North Richland Hills, Texas 610 posts
3rd Dec '12

Reading all the replies and its kinda funny.. Ask YOUR doctor. . Its funny bc alot of the people on this site are being induced early or scheduling csections to avoid disrupting the other siblings Christmas or allowing the doctors to use epidurals and pitocin..yet somehow those are ok at 38 weeks. read all the natural both sites and blogs and u will feel crazy for doing that too. No one but your doctor can answer your questions...



As for people saying 39 weeks is necessary. . When I had my twins and even on justmommies and other pregnancy websites they actually say 37 wks is full term... im 37 wks tomorrow and I would bet money that I could tell my doctor to induce me next week and he would at 38. So just ask at the next Appointment and u may only have to wait another week at most.