11 month old won't nap?! Ole' No Name TTC since Oct 2013; 1 child; Singapore, Singapore 6244 posts
3rd Dec '12

My DD is 11 months old and for the past week she will not take a nap.
By 3- 4 pm she starts getting overtired and just cries and whines all day until bed time.
What do I do? I've tried everything I know to do and she will not sleep.

akmaldo 1 child; Georgia 2778 posts
3rd Dec '12

watching! My 9 months old hasn't napped in like two months.. I'm slowing dying on the inside..

Regina George ♡ 1 child; New York, New York 20750 posts
3rd Dec '12

Try "quite time" lay her on the bed, put on the TV very very low and just let her chill out. A few BG girls told me about this and it has worked :)

Wolfskrieger 17 kids; Morgan Hill, California 1564 posts
3rd Dec '12

When my son didn't nap I would take him outside in his stroller for about 15-30 minutes and he'd be out like a light. BUt I lowered the seat so he was laying.

Ole' No Name TTC since Oct 2013; 1 child; Singapore, Singapore 6244 posts
3rd Dec '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Regina George ♡:</b>" Try "quite time" lay her on the bed, put on the TV very very low and just let her chill out. A few BG girls told me about this and it has worked :)"</blockquote>

I do that :( we start quiet time about an hour before trying to go to sleep.

She fights her sleep to the point of being delirious and she can hardly even sit up but she will not just lay down she rolls everywhere and just screams.

Regina George ♡ 1 child; New York, New York 20750 posts
3rd Dec '12
Quoting Ole' No Name:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Regina George ♡:</b>" Try "quite time" lay her on the ... [snip!] ... point of being delirious and she can hardly even sit up but she will not just lay down she rolls everywhere and just screams."

It honestly might just be a phase, LO went through that. He wouldn't nap for weeks! It was driving me insane because he'd get so cranky.

Amanda Contento Florida 2300 posts
3rd Dec '12

my son wont lay in his crib by himself, even when he is over tired he would just stand up and scream but I have been swaddling him tight enough he can't break out but loose enough he can breathe. He falls asleep by himself now so I'd try using a swaddler or swaddling her in a blanket like I do. I have a white sheet that I fold in half put him almost in the middle and then fold the left side over his left hand and body and tuck it tight under him then I do the same to the right side and lay him on his side with blankets on either side of him.

Chels (+1) TTC since Dec 2013; 1 child; Biddeford, Maine 524 posts
3rd Dec '12
Quoting Ole' No Name:" My DD is 11 months old and for the past week she will not take a nap. By 3- 4 pm she starts getting overtired ... [snip!] ... and just cries and whines all day until bed time. What do I do? I've tried everything I know to do and she will not sleep."

my 10 month old does that.. by 3 3:30 she gets supper tired so i put her in her room at 2:30 and just let her cry for about 15 minutes go check on her and shes passed out