21 weeks pregnant, shooting pains Nicoℓe ♥ 33 kids; Casa Grande, Arizona 120 posts
3rd Dec '12

Ill be 21 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and its happend twice in the past 2 weeks where I was trying to use the restroom and I would get sharp shooting pains from my vagina and lower stomach. Ive NEVER had pains like this before and its only happened both times I was in the middle of taking a bowel movement. Has anyone else expierenced this before? Do you know why it happens?

Sonya B+2 18 kids; Brazil 3512 posts
3rd Dec '12

I get sharp pains in my lower stomach and butt every once in a while and it's always from being constipated... While I'm going to the bathroom it's worse but goes away afterwards.

Liv's Mom :: Angie 1 child; 4 angel babies; Catasauqua, Pennsylvania 394 posts
3rd Dec '12
Quoting Nicoℓe ♥:" Ill be 21 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and its happend twice in the past 2 weeks where I was trying to use ... [snip!] ... both times I was in the middle of taking a bowel movement. Has anyone else expierenced this before? Do you know why it happens?"

It's just the baby moving around if she was on top of your bladder or if you have to strain yourself down there.. this type of pains are expected throughout your whole pregnancy. I wouldn't worry unless you're seeing any type of blood or the pain is persistent after a few moments.