Quoting mommy287786:" What was you experience with the depo? if you don't mind my asking? my sisters both got it one gained ... [snip!] ... different, they say there cycles have not changed since starting it, one was three years the other two are a little over a year"
Well I was on it for a LONG time. At first I bled a ton but I stayed on it and eventually the bleeding went away. When I went off it I bled for a few months also. I gained weight. Since getting off it every one of my Dr's has said that they HATE depo and never ever suggest it to patients. I was on it for like 5 years because I just went into get the shot and in all that time never saw a Dr. I didn't know you weren't supposed to be on it for that long. I think in total I gained like 40 lbs, but don't get me wrong, I ate horribly also.
Quoting she nan igans:" Well I was on it for a LONG time. At first I bled a ton but I stayed on it and eventually the bleeding ... [snip!] ... supposed to be on it for that long. I think in total I gained like 40 lbs, but don't get me wrong, I ate horribly also. "So if I only get one shot, I will most likely have lots of bleeding? thats ok with me as long as I dont get pregnant! I am literally weighing pros and cons here, I have been on the pill(two different kinds), the IUD and tried the rhythm method, condoms, and pulling out, I have gotten pregnant with every single one so far! I can handle a little weight gain and some mild discomfort for a while, but I have been pregnant for three years no exageration...I have had a baby in 2005, 2007, 2010,2011,and 2012! and I am only 25! I just want it to work!! LOL
Quoting mommy287786:" So if I only get one shot, I will most likely have lots of bleeding? thats ok with me as long as I dont ... [snip!] ... years no exageration...I have had a baby in 2005, 2007, 2010,2011,and 2012! and I am only 25! I just want it to work!! LOL"
Well, I went with a tubal. I weighed the options and I felt that a tubal was the right choice. *shrugs* I didn't choose Essure for all those reasons I listed, and I'm happy with that choice. The odds of getting pregnant after a tubal are also very very low, and for me it was for sure the right choice.
Good luck in choosing!
Quoting mommy287786:" Why would he recommend something to me being that the information they gave me on it is wrong? He said they have had a wide success with this over any other form of BC..."It's not that it's wrong...it's that there is NO long term data. It's a new method and they only know what the short term results are. So yes the short term studies are awesome. But the more time goes by, more people are coming forward with issues.
You really can't trust just what your dr tells you only, you need to do your own research...you do know that drug companies give Dr's incentives to push their products, right?
Quoting iLL-Legal Alien:" It's not that it's wrong...it's that there is NO long term data. It's a new method and they only know ... [snip!] ... only, you need to do your own research...you do know that drug companies give Dr's incentives to push their products, right?"
Not only this, but unlike a tubal, you HAVE to use Essure's stuff to do this. This means Dr's get taught to do it by Essure and end up as one of their "providers.": I'm sure they get a kickback for doing them. A tubal, you don't need special things. Like a csection. Dr's are selling a service, not a product. With Essure, it's a product really, so you always have to be wary.
. I've had Essure... It was in my body for two years and two months. I had a hysterectomy six months ago because of it. Now Im not trying to scare you... but honestly, I believe in making an INFORMED DECISION. I was not given that opportunity and because of that... I want to make sure that anyone else who is considering it can.
With that said... there are some questions that need to ask yourself and your doctor...
1) Do you have a nickel allergy or hypersensitivity? Can you wear cheap jewelry? Does your watch give you a rash? Does the button on some of your jeans give you a rash? If you answered yes to these questions you may have an issue with the nickel in this device.
2) Do you have tattoos/piercings? If so, how many? The more you have the more exposure to nickel you may have.
3) What is your career field? Certain career fields deal more with metals and you may already have a nickel sensitivity because of it.
4)Do you take immune supresent(sp) drugs or have an autoimmune disease? If so Essure may not be for you... as it causes chronic inflammation and has no off switch.
5) Have you had PID or an ectopic pregnancy? If so then there may be scarring which may affect the insertion of the coils... Which could result in perforation or migration.
6) Have you had a baby or miscarriage in the last 12 weeks? If so, then you need to wait for your body to return to normal before insertion.
7) Ask if your insurance will cover the HSG confirmation test
8) Will you have insurance to cover medical costs if you have issues two or three or five years down the road?
If you have answered all of these questions and are still unsure, then I highly recommend going to the Essure Problems facebook page and reading the medical documents.. ESP the doctors insert for the device.. You will learn much more info from that than you will expect. Like about the 748 pregnancies that they were able to write off as doctor failure, patient failure, and pregnancy test failure... and over 200 of them with an "undetermined cause"... but not device failure.
As for doctors questions...
1) Ask them if Essure has any side effects.
2) Ask them how many patients they have implanted...
3) Ask them how many perforations/migrations they have had...
4) Ask them how many pregnancies they have had...
5) Ask them how many removals they have done..
6) Ask them what their plan of action is if you have any issues.. (Many women have had a problem getting their doctor to believe Essure could be the problem and have had test after test after test and have seen doctor after doctor to try to get remedies.)
Ok Ladies.. Good Luck I sincerely hope that these questions will help you make an informed decision..