3 yr old with stomach flu Taryn - Anya's mommy 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Toronto, Ontario 49462 posts
6th Dec '12

I am supposed to be on a break from here, but I got desperate.

I know there is a nasty stomach flu going around, and my 3 yr old has it, she drinks a little bit, she throws it up. If your child had this, was there anything they could keep down? I am worried about her getting dehydrated.

ElleBelle (36 weeks) Due September 22; 1 child; 1 angel baby; Rio Rancho, NM, United States 22412 posts
6th Dec '12

I dunno about kids but I just had it two days ago and water the the hardest to keep down. I had no luck. Ugh it was awful...good luck mama

Taryn - Anya's mommy 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Toronto, Ontario 49462 posts
6th Dec '12
Quoting Elliot Grace's Mama:" I dunno about kids but I just had it two days ago and water the the hardest to keep down. I had no luck. Ugh it was awful...good luck mama"

I hope I don't get it, how long did it last for you? She is complaining she is thirsty, I just feel bad for her.

.:Stacy Renee:. 19 kids; Ohio 6510 posts
6th Dec '12

I had it the day after Thanksgiving. I could not keep water down to save my life. The only thing I could keep down & actually made me feel better was Sprite.

Vile Tramp 2 kids; New York 32363 posts
6th Dec '12

I had it ON Thanksgiving. I could only drink warm flat sodas. Little sips at a time.

I was puking for 3 days ( well dry heaving most of the time) and then felt sick for 5.

user banned Indiana 33802 posts
6th Dec '12

Try Sprite or Ginger Ale. I hope she feels better :(

Logan,Lilly&Landen's Mom♥ 3 kids; Virginia 2795 posts
6th Dec '12

My son just got over it. I gave him gingerale and pedialyte. The doctor also said half apple juice and half water would work.

6th Dec '12

OP- there was a "remedy" my mom gave me when I was younger for vomiting.

I don't remember the exact amount but it was a mixture of salt, orange juice, water and honey. I can try to get a hold of her and find out. You take 1 teaspoon every 5 minutes.

.:Stacy Renee:. 19 kids; Ohio 6510 posts
6th Dec '12
Quoting Penises 3:Vaginas 1:" I had it ON Thanksgiving. I could only drink warm flat sodas. Little sips at a time. I was puking for 3 days ( well dry heaving most of the time) and then felt sick for 5. "

So not fair!

6th Dec '12
Quoting .:Stacy Renee:.:" So not fair!"

I wasn't in the mood to eat anyways. Lol. But def made my day worse. :lol:

ElleBelle (36 weeks) Due September 22; 1 child; 1 angel baby; Rio Rancho, NM, United States 22412 posts
6th Dec '12

48 hours :(

6th Dec '12
Quoting .:Stacy Renee:.:" So not fair!"

I was thinking the same thing, I love Thanksgiving

6th Dec '12
Quoting Penises 3:Vaginas 1:" OP- there was a "remedy" my mom gave me when I was younger for vomiting. I don't remember the exact ... [snip!] ... of salt, orange juice, water and honey. I can try to get a hold of her and find out. You take 1 teaspoon every 5 minutes. "

Yes, please let me know, I am getting desperate

6th Dec '12

Yayyyyy, now I have it, but I had a feeling I would get it