1 year old question. Help! ♥ Runge ♥ 3 kids; Elkton, Maryland 718 posts
7th Dec '12

Ok my daughter turned 1 on the 5th of December. I tried giving her whole milk and she her face got all red and splotchy. Then I tried Lactaid...she HATES it. She has been on Similac Sensitive since she was born. I called her ped and was told to continue her on formula. Well formula is expensive and i never kept my other two on formula past 1. I even tried adding whole milk to her formula like some mommas told me and she was fine. She eats cheese and other stuff with dairy products in them. We go for her 1 year appt next Friday but I dont want to buy more formula if I dont have to. Any advise?????

Thank you in advance mommas!!!!!

Crystal 3 kids; Hephzibah, Georgia 15024 posts
status 7th Dec '12

Try Almond Milk?

Logan&Lilly's Mommy Due June 30 (boy); 2 kids; Virginia 2679 posts
status 7th Dec '12

Have you tried warming the milk up? My daughter is 13 months old today and the only way she will drink whole milk is if its warmed up.

Queen Aries Baby 1 child; Orlando, Florida 12052 posts
7th Dec '12

almond or rice milk maybe

user banned 3 kids; Ontario 10942 posts
7th Dec '12

Get toddler formula if you need to its way cheaper, here its 12.00 a case of it from similac. Till she gets used to the milk.

dd is 10 months and loves her whole milk. lol I started at 9 months on top of her formula, not mixed but she drinks both. lol

♥ Runge ♥ 3 kids; Elkton, Maryland 718 posts
7th Dec '12
Quoting Logan&Lilly's Mommy:" Have you tried warming the milk up? My daughter is 13 months old today and the only way she will drink whole milk is if its warmed up."

when she drinks whole milk straight in her bottle her face gets very red and splotchy. So I stopped giving it to her.

Tash+1 1 child; Canton, Ohio 7839 posts
7th Dec '12

I don't blame her, Lactaid is gross lol
But there is almond, rice and soy milk. Maybe she'll like one of them?

Logan&Lilly's Mommy Due June 30 (boy); 2 kids; Virginia 2679 posts
status 7th Dec '12
Quoting ♥ Runge ♥:" when she drinks whole milk straight in her bottle her face gets very red and splotchy. So I stopped giving it to her. "

Oh alright. I would try almond milk.

Jessica&Rodolfo 1 child; Atlanta, Georgia 416 posts
7th Dec '12

We tried Lactaid with my DD one time and she hated it. She loves Almond Milk though which surprised me, so I would definitely give it a try!