10 month old not eating.. Mason'sMommy; 1 child; Welland, Ontario 1233 posts
11th Dec '12

My 10 month old refuses to eat anything but a bottle this morning..
I tried to give him the puffs he really likes, he got pissed off and actually slapped me.
Then I made pancakes for us, he loves pancakes! ( didn't put any syrup) wouldn't eat them, just kept on turning away..
But, when I went to give him his formula, he drank that just fine..
He doesn't look sick of anything..
But he's super cranky.

CountingBlue+3 3 kids; Bridgeton, MO, United States 3551 posts
11th Dec '12

Maybe he's teething and it hurts to eat. I would just give him the bottle and keep offering. Let him bite on something cold if you have a teether or a frozen washcloth?

Mason'sMommy; 1 child; Welland, Ontario 1233 posts
11th Dec '12
Quoting ★Bαtgirl:" 10 month old babies don't really NEED pancakes or other solids... just make sure that he has a bottle whenever hungry. Formula is the main nutrition until age 1 anyhow. "

I'm trying to get him used to the big food.
He'll be one next month.
He's got 4 teeth.

user banned 3 kids; Ontario 10942 posts
11th Dec '12
Quoting ★Bαtgirl:" 10 month old babies don't really NEED pancakes or other solids... just make sure that he has a bottle whenever hungry. Formula is the main nutrition until age 1 anyhow. "

She lives in Ontario just like me, where our guidelines are different we encouraged to feed are babies soilids at 6 months and whole milk at 9 months to 12 months. So from our views babies need that stuff at that age.

11th Dec '12
Quoting ★Bαtgirl:" Huh. I think it's interesting just how varied standards about this kind of thing are from place to place! ... [snip!] ... went from there. But every so often she'd get like OP's little one, and bottles were sufficient until she wanted solids again."

Ya we do vary a lot. We dont delay solids at all. And our pedi are against it, they believe that delaying solids is more likely to cause all those crazy food allergies. And is the cause of early iron deficiancy in kids. lol

Here check this site out if ya want, its canadas pediatric site. see if we really are that different. I just know from what I see on here. lol

http://www.caringforkids.cps.ca/handouts/feeding_your_baby_in_the_first_year

11th Dec '12
Quoting ★Bαtgirl:" Oh wow, yeah that's pretty different from what we're told. Some pediatricians here say the whole 12 ... [snip!] ... 4 months. Hence why I really hate all of the bashing some people get when they talk about introducing solids to their kids... "

Ya I agree. Plus its personal choice, kwim?
I started cereal at 4 months till 5 moths then went to real oatmeal with apples then at 6 months I put her right on table foods. Now at 10 months she eats everything I do. All homemade foods tho. No fast food crap for her. lol I make stews and some stuff like that and freeze it for days that we eat pizza or mcdonalds etc.....but she eats 3 meals a day the at least 4 snacks now she just upped to 1 8oz bottle of whole milk a day, then she drinks now down to 40oz of formula a day. lol she was drinking 50oz of formula a day till I added the other bottle in. lol