17 weeks and sharp stomach pains!! Baby Foley Due May 17; 1 child; Bloomington, Indiana 80 posts
11th Dec '12

I have been having these sharp pains in my stomach for about a week now...It happens everyday at least 2 or 3 times an hour... They hurt really bad. I called the doctor and secretary there said it's probably just stretching pains...I'm not so sure about that though because I feel like it hurts to much to be that....Anybody else having these issues?

Masonfax1219 1 child; Tehachapi, California 3 posts
11th Dec '12

In what area of your stomach? I had pains on the sides of my stomach and concerned as well, asked my doc and was told stretching pains. They do hurt...I had a miscarriage before so I was worried about everything I felt that didn't seem right. I'm happily at 38 weeks now and expecting any day!

Try not to worry and take solace in your doc knowing what they are doing.

pleasntsurprises Due October 29; 33 kids; Modesto, California 44 posts
11th Dec '12

I remember having sharp pains near my belly button but they'd come and go mostly until my dr took me off of work, I was some where around 16-18 weeks. But I also was having preterm labor symptoms. If it is really painful and you are worried then I would either keep calling and ask for an appointment or go in to be checked! Better to be safe than sorry.

Baby Foley Due May 17; 1 child; Bloomington, Indiana 80 posts
11th Dec '12
Quoting nrpsmp626:" In what area of your stomach? I had pains on the sides of my stomach and concerned as well, asked my ... [snip!] ... happily at 38 weeks now and expecting any day! Try not to worry and take solace in your doc knowing what they are doing. "

In my lower stomach below my belly button....The secretary didnt even ask my doctor she just told me what she thought...Trying not to worry but it's getting hard not too

Baby Foley Due May 17; 1 child; Bloomington, Indiana 80 posts
11th Dec '12
Quoting pleasntsurprises:" I remember having sharp pains near my belly button but they'd come and go mostly until my dr took me ... [snip!] ... are worried then I would either keep calling and ask for an appointment or go in to be checked! Better to be safe than sorry

Thats what Im afraid of....My son was preterm too....and these pains almost feel like contractions not just as sharp

pleasntsurprises Due October 29; 33 kids; Modesto, California 44 posts
11th Dec '12
Quoting Baby Foley:" Thats what Im afraid of....My son was preterm too....and these pains almost feel like contractions not just as sharp"

I would make an appointment so that you dr can see that you are concerned and so that he can evaluate you and not the secretary. You are the one carrying and caring for you and your baby, if it's only stretching that's great! But if I were you I'd be on the safe side and just be looked at :) Good luck and I hope all turns out wonderful with a beautiful chunky baby!