16 year old possibly pregnant on the Implant please help me Jessica-Jade Due December 9; Japan 9 posts
11th Dec '12

im 16 years old an have been in a year and a half relationship with my current boyfriend. I decided to get the implant about a year ago due to not wanting to rely on the pill. It was great to start with no side effects and regular periods. But around 6 months ago it started getting worse. I will list the symptoms im having so its easy to read
-Leaking colostrum (have never been pregnant before so this is strange)
-Excess mucus (flegm) when i haven't had a cold.
-Gained 11lbs and got a bigger and harder belly
-Increased discharge
-Weeing and drinking more often been suffering from excess thirst
-Eating more
-Sleeping more throughout the day
-Dizziness and headaches
-Feeling movement
At first I thought it may have been side effects from the implant so didn't do anything about it. But then my nipple started leaking and i kept feeling flutters in my belly so i took it more seriously and brought 3 tests (all negative!) and to top it off im still having periods but there iregular and light. If i was to be pregnant i assume im in around the second trimester maybe around 14-20 weeks pregnant. I have read online you can get false negatives during the second trimester due to decreasing hormones and also my sister had a period throughout all 3 of her pregnancys. Im really confused. I can't visit a doctor right not due to personal issues so i just need a bit of advice. Maybe to reasons as to why it could have failed, past experience or weather you think i am or not?

Crystal 3 kids; Hephzibah, Georgia 15566 posts
11th Dec '12

You should go get a blood test from your Doctor.

That being said, you can not have a period while pregnant. You can bleed, but it's not a period.

JKBC♡ 2 kids; Windsor, PA, United States 9789 posts
11th Dec '12

Go to the doctor and get a blood test. And you can't have a period while pregnant, you can bleed during pregnancy but it's not a period.

I♡C&R. 2 kids; Thornton, CO, United States 25259 posts
11th Dec '12

Just go to Planned Parenthood or something. You NEED to get blood work done to see if for sure you are or not. And if need-be a doctor can run an ultra sound if Planned Parenthood thinks it needs done.

Jennybananna 2 kids; Gilbert, AZ, United States 25079 posts
11th Dec '12
Quoting Crystal Marie S.:" You should go get a blood test from your Doctor. That being said, you can not have a period while pregnant. You can bleed, but it's not a period."

Pretty much this. If you are that far along you need prenatal care. A blood test is the only way to be sure of whats going on.

The Doctor 2 kids; Whiskey Dick Mountain, WA, United States 59959 posts
11th Dec '12

You need to go to a doctor. If you can't go to your regular doctor, go to a planned parenthood. Whatever "personal issues" prevent you from going to the doctor-- there is a way.

BαtMαɳ Gotham, __, United States 69402 posts
11th Dec '12

Not going to the DR right now is not really an option. If you are that far along you NEED prenatal care.

Tell your parents immediately and have them help you. If you are scared to talk to them, talk to your school counselor or nurse or an adult you trust.

Summerfrost 51 kids; Massachusetts 6828 posts
11th Dec '12

If you are pregnant, you need to see the dr soon because pregnancies with the implant (iud or arm?) are high risk. If you have the arm implant, it needs to be taken out as soon as possible because it's pumping hormones into your system as we speak. Possibly the same with an IUD depending on how far along you are and where it is in there. If you're having an issue, this could be serious and it needs to be treated that way.

P Pickle Pants 98 kids; California 20522 posts
11th Dec '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Jessica-Jade:</b>" im 16 years old an have been in a year and a half relationship with my current boyfriend. I decided to ... [snip!] ... i just need a bit of advice. Maybe to reasons as to why it could have failed, past experience or weather you think i am or not?"</blockquote>

If you're bleeding regularly and have no positive test, you're probably not pregnant.

Having never been pregnant, you don't know what movement feels like, so you can't be certain it's not just gas---even experienced mamas can have a hard time telling the difference.

Hormonal birth control can really mess you up (especially when you're a teen and your hormones are wacky too!) and hormonal BC can cause ALL of those symptoms except movement---which I already mentioned.

Jessica-Jade Due December 9; Japan 9 posts
11th Dec '12

I am in the uk so no planned parenthood.
The reason i can't go is because at the moment i live with my nan who is really strict and never allows me out of the house. I am not allowed over friends house unless she has called there mum and confirmed atleast 2 days in advance and im in a new area so don't have many friends anyway. Hardly get out my nan won't even let me go shopping without her. Can not tell her about this problem though. When i go back home i will be able to see a doctor for a blood test just wanted to no my chances and if it would be normal to get colostrum whilst not pregnant and if anyone here has ever got pregnant on the implant or had periods/negative tests during pregnancy.

The Doctor 2 kids; Whiskey Dick Mountain, WA, United States 59959 posts
11th Dec '12
Quoting Jessica-Jade:" I am in the uk so no planned parenthood. The reason i can't go is because at the moment i live with ... [snip!] ... whilst not pregnant and if anyone here has ever got pregnant on the implant or had periods/negative tests during pregnancy."

Tell her you need to go to the doctor for something else.

I♡C&R. 2 kids; Thornton, CO, United States 25259 posts
11th Dec '12
Quoting Jessica-Jade:" I am in the uk so no planned parenthood. The reason i can't go is because at the moment i live with ... [snip!] ... whilst not pregnant and if anyone here has ever got pregnant on the implant or had periods/negative tests during pregnancy."

When are you going back home?

11th Dec '12

You got out to have sex. You need to be honest and tell her whats going on. Your health and if you are pregnant which yes it happens even on BC you need to be treated.

Crystal 3 kids; Hephzibah, Georgia 15566 posts
11th Dec '12

Tell her what's going on and tell her you need to see a Doctor. Or heck, even tell her you're sick or something, just get to a Doctor. If you really feel you can't tell her, personally, I'd take a day off school and go.

11th Dec '12
Quoting Crystal Marie S.:" Tell her what's going on and tell her you need to see a Doctor. Or heck, even tell her you're sick or ... [snip!] ... sick or something, just get to a Doctor. If you really feel you can't tell her, personally, I'd take a day off school and go."

16 and in the UK she might not even be in school anymore.