1 week PP and I want sex! Erin Berlin 1 child; Akron, Ohio 292 posts
14th Dec '12

Sorry if that's a little too direct. My entire pregnancy I wanted no affection. No sex, no cuddling, spooning, hugging, or kissing. Thank goodness my SO and I are best friends, because our relationship didn't really exist. As soon as I had the baby I felt so affectionate. We both slept in my hospital bed and I always want hugs and kisses and snuggles now. Around 4 days PP I wanted to have sex, but SO was too scared. We wound up having sex 5 days PP and now I want it all of the time. Some of my friends have kids that are a few months old and they still haven't had sex and I just can't get enough. What the hell is wrong with me?

Squeaky McGee [12 wks] Due May 7; 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 65300 posts
14th Dec '12

You had sex at 5 pp days? Oh, dear. I hope you're prepared for a nasty infection or possibly Irish twins!

Chibs 2 kids; Missouri 12147 posts
14th Dec '12

Wow and I thought I rushed it having sex at 3 weeks pp
Hope everything works out for you and you don't get an infection

Kylie's👣Mommy. 1 child; 1 angel baby; Texas 3476 posts
14th Dec '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Squeaky McGee:</b>" You had sex at 5 pp days? Oh, dear. I hope you're prepared for a nasty infection or possibly Irish twins!"</blockquote>

!!!

♥MomToSilas+1♥ Due December 9; 1 child; ., IL, United States 11489 posts
14th Dec '12

Wow... I would never take that risk. I waited till I was 2 and a half months PP just to be safe.

MamaTiffy Due August 2 (girl); 2 kids; Sunnyvale, CA, United States 8740 posts
14th Dec '12

I had sex 10 days PP and my OB said it was okay as long as I was no longer bleeding. The reason behind it is if you are still bleeding there are still open wounds in your uterus where the placenta was attached. I quit bleeding around 8-9days pp

Venn Due November 22 (girl); Kapuskasing, Ontario 9 posts
14th Dec '12

Near the end of my pregnancy I seemed to never get in the mood anymore either. Now that I'm not pregnant I got really hornet too and want sex quite often...too bad I can't because I got stitches. :( it's already been 2 weeks and a day.

14th Dec '12
Quoting Alyssa's mommy [EBFT]:" I had sex 10 days PP and my OB said it was okay as long as I was no longer bleeding. The reason behind ... [snip!] ... still bleeding there are still open wounds in your uterus where the placenta was attached. I quit bleeding around 8-9days pp"

It takes about 6 weeks for the uterus to heal, hence the 6 week checkup. There's still a risk of a infection and pregnancy.

What's wrong, flat face? TTC since Jul 2012; 1 child; 3 angel babies; Texas 13678 posts
14th Dec '12

I know how you feel mama. DH and I got pregnant on our honeymoon and were always hornballs and had sex like 4 times a day and the pregnancy put a damper on our sex life and by nine days PP I wanted sex so bad that I did it. Never did get an infection and was always very careful because I had had a c section. idc what anyone else thinks about me having sex that soon. I told my gyno and she said that majority of people do not wait the whole 6 weeks so it wasn't shocking to her.

14th Dec '12
Quoting Squeaky McGee:" It takes about 6 weeks for the uterus to heal, hence the 6 week checkup. There's still a risk of a infection and pregnancy."

Idk I just went by what my OB said. Of course we used protection, for birth control reasons and to keep his "stuff" out of there since I still was worried about infections. But I was also exclusively breastfeeding every 2-3 hours which I know is not foolproof but it does raise the % so add that with a condom and its close enough to 100%

http://www.netplaces.com/postpartum-care/postpartum-sex/are-you-physically-ready.htm

"Generally, it's considered safe to start having sex again once your postpartum bleeding, or lochia, has stopped. This indicates that your uterus has healed and sex is no longer considered an infection risk. If you're still bleeding, it could mean that your cervix is still open, leaving your uterus vulnerable to bacteria."

Nut ღ Meg Beverly Hills, CA, United States 40239 posts
14th Dec '12
Quoting Squeaky McGee:" You had sex at 5 pp days? Oh, dear. I hope you're prepared for a nasty infection or possibly Irish twins!"

:!:

It's so Fluffayy! Due March 17 (girl); 19 kids; Texas 4279 posts
14th Dec '12

I've always heard to be cautious, do it when you stop bleeding and you feel ready. We always waited 3 to 4 weeks after I stopped bleeding and of course extremely gentle but I had no stitches.

14th Dec '12
Quoting Alyssa's mommy [EBFT]:" Idk I just went by what my OB said. Of course we used protection, for birth control reasons and to keep ... [snip!] ... risk. If you're still bleeding, it could mean that your cervix is still open, leaving your uterus vulnerable to bacteria.""

Meh, I just go by what I was taught; nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks. Better safe than sorry! To each their own. Sex was the furthest thing from my mind after I pushed a human being out of my vagina!

14th Dec '12
Quoting Squeaky McGee:" Meh, I just go by what I was taught; nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks. Better safe than sorry! To each ... [snip!] ... safe than sorry! To each their own. Sex was the furthest thing from my mind after I pushed a human being out of my vagina!"

Haha I was the opposite. I mean we had sex right up until the day I had her, but afterwards I felt even so much closer to him that I just had to physically have him if that makes sense?

14th Dec '12
Quoting Alyssa's mommy [EBFT]:" Haha I was the opposite. I mean we had sex right up until the day I had her, but afterwards I felt even so much closer to him that I just had to physically have him if that makes sense? "

No, it doesn't, lol.