3 year old son temp but not acting sick EnnaBennaBanana 2 kids; Maryland 6168 posts
17th Dec '12

My son is a 3 years old, well we delayed vaccines and just last week did he get his first vaccine (Dtap) That was last tuesday. Well it's now been 6 days since then and he's been fine and acting normal as always.. today he felt a bit hot so I checked his temp and it was 101.9. He's not acting sick at all though and he's eating just fine. I'm wondering if this could be caused from the vaccine even though it's a week later? Or if this is some kind of virus?

*Lindsey* 3 kids; Alberta 8798 posts
17th Dec '12

Could be either or. just give him some advil you can give tylenol in btween too if it wont go down. I forget the side affects of that vaccine but i know some side affects dont happen till a week later. Either or its a fever so just treat it like a fever :)

EnnaBennaBanana 2 kids; Maryland 6168 posts
17th Dec '12
Quoting *Lindsey*(10 weeks):" Could be either or. just give him some advil you can give tylenol in btween too if it wont go down. I ... [snip!] ... that vaccine but i know some side affects dont happen till a week later. Either or its a fever so just treat it like a fever :)"

Thanks! yeah I gave him some ibprofen and I'm sure that will help.
Blah I hope I don't get sick I'm 29 weeks pregnant and I know fevers aren't to great to get well preggo. But idk he's acting fine.. doesn't seem to feel or act sick at all.

*Lindsey* 3 kids; Alberta 8798 posts
17th Dec '12
Quoting EnnaBennaBanana:" Thanks! yeah I gave him some ibprofen and I'm sure that will help. Blah I hope I don't get sick I'm ... [snip!] ... and I know fevers aren't to great to get well preggo. But idk he's acting fine.. doesn't seem to feel or act sick at all."

Yeah its could very well be from his needles then. my kids never act sick with fevers either. They run around and are themselves. Just keep an eye on it!