4 YO having a hard time pooping Denvers Dream 2 kids; Colorado 695 posts
17th Dec '12

Ok so the past 2 weeks my daughter has been saying she doesnt want to poop because it hurts .. well she finally pooped tonight and there was a tinge of blood when we wiped .. now it kinda scared me at first and still worries me but I think that she just pushed too hard or the poop was too hard that she stretched her tiny bum .. has anyone had this issue with their LO and what did you do to help them ... when she goes potty she cries and screams that she is scared that its going to hurt .. please help .. what can I do to help DD

Ni✗✗i 2 kids; Falcon Heights, Texas 5378 posts
17th Dec '12

Have her eat more fiber and drink more water! If that's not enough I would get the advice of your pedi.

The Bear and The Bird 2 kids; Vantaa, Finland 42577 posts
17th Dec '12

Give her prune juice?

Ni✗✗i 2 kids; Falcon Heights, Texas 5378 posts
17th Dec '12
Quoting Ni✗✗i:" Have her eat more fiber and drink more water! If that's not enough I would get the advice of your pedi."

oh and if she's not active get her off the couch and moving!

Pinkula Due February 20 (boy); 2 kids; British Columbia 12 posts
18th Dec '12

my daughter did the same kinda thing. she is 3. She had a poop that hurt and then from then on decided she didn't want to poop cause it hurts. I kept telling her the only reason it would hurt is because she was holding it in and she even went in her pants a couple times because she couldn't hold it anymore...but when she was showing signs of having to go i sat her on the toilet and told her to sit there until she went. Which made her scream and yell and fight it of course. so i gave her my phone to play a game on while she sat there. she went and now realizes it only hurts when she holds it in. Of course if she is constipated (which sounds like she is) this won't help until things get a little softer. Just thought i'd mention it in case she decides all poop hurts like my daughter did

Destinite TTC since May 2011; 1 child; 2 angel babies; Florida 30923 posts
status 18th Dec '12

A probiotic everyday will help move it along.
th?id=CzMfqZ8nBPEXsng&pid=Commerce