Reply

Cast Your Vote:

    • Natural Miscarriage -- Votes: 3
    • Medication -- Votes: 3
    • D&C -- Votes: 11
I don't know what to do Carol Allison Due August 8; 3 kids; 1 angel baby; United Kingdom 250 posts
18th Dec '12

Hi ladies,
I had a scan on the 10th December which I found out I have a blighted ovum which showed a 6 week gestation sac but no baby but 2 days later I started to have labour type contractions but not as bad & had a couple of gushes of blood & clots which I thought was the remains of the pregnancy. I still had the pains for a few days after & passed 1 small clot over the weekend & bleedings seemed to of settled a bit.
I went for a scan today only to find out the sacs still there measuring nearly 10 mm bigger than what it did last week with blood around the sac & definately no baby in there. The sonographer said that my cervix is completely closed.
They just went over my options with me but I really don't know what to do, I don't like the thought of waiting 2 weeks to see if anything happens naturally, medication which I know will make it happen or a D&C which i've asked if they can do with epidural as i've never had a general anaesthetic before & i'm really scared.
Can anyone give me some advice please as I really don't now what to do.



Thanks in advance xx

Squeaky McGee 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 65151 posts
18th Dec '12

I'm sorry for your loss. :(



I never needed medical intervention for any of my miscarriages. Everything passed on it's own. If I were you, I'd give it some time and see if things pass. If they don't, I would look into meds or possible D&C.

Carol Allison Due August 8; 3 kids; 1 angel baby; United Kingdom 250 posts
18th Dec '12

I daren't go out the house just in case anything happens which knowing my luck it won't & i'll end up going stir crazy over the next 2 weeks being stuck in lol but in another way i'd rather go naturally without medical intervention

Two Princesses 2 kids; Long Beach, CA, United States 7199 posts
18th Dec '12

First off, I am very sorry for your loss.
I went through what you are going through in October of 2011. I had a D&C and heeled up pretty well soon after.
Considering your cervix is closed and you're already having trouble passing the products of conception I would just have a D&C if I were you. You can ask to be sedated during and you will be given pain medication after.
Best of luck.

PurpleBama582 52 kids; Dothan, Alabama 3875 posts
18th Dec '12

I had a blighted ovum in Feb 2012. I would have pinkish spotting for a couple of hours, then nothing for a day or so, then brown spotting...it did that for 2 weeks. I went to my doc on Feb 29th, and we talked over my options. I went in the next morning and had a D&C because I wanted to move on from it. I had grieved the loss, but couldn't move on as long as the products of conception had not passed. I was put under general anesthesia, and it took less than an hour. Best of luck in whatever decision you make.

Carol Allison Due August 8; 3 kids; 1 angel baby; United Kingdom 250 posts
18th Dec '12

According to the gynae doctor I spoke to today she said i'd past most of it last week when my cervix opened & there was a few gushes of blood, now i'm wondering if I wait to go naturally if my cervix will start opening again or it's going to have to be medication or D&C