1 positive hpt 2 negative 2 day period!? Help please !? Saradaniela91 Due November 23 (girl); Nevada 114 posts
19th Dec '12

So last month I was on birth control and not proud to say I didn't take it the same time as it said too, but this month I have a 2 day period (usually lasts 5 days) anywho it was normal flow I woke up one day with a massive headache and urge to barf I took a test that day (first response) and a second faint line appeared that night I took another it was negative (accuclear) and used the second one the following morning that was also negative! So i confused I have a appointment with my obgyn tomorrow to see what's going on.... What you guys think? Has this happened to any of you ladies?

[JadeLee] 1 child; Minnesota 12190 posts
19th Dec '12

Did you test before your period was due?
It could have been a chemical, or maybe your urine was more concentrated that day than it is now. What color was the dye?

Saradaniela91 Due November 23 (girl); Nevada 114 posts
19th Dec '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting [JadeLee]:</b>" Did you test before your period was due? It could have been a chemical, or maybe your urine was more concentrated that day than it is now. What color was the dye?"</blockquote>

No I tested a week and a half after I got my two day period
That's why iam confused you know and it was pink dye

Mamas 1144 Due March 12; 1 child; Kilgore, Texas 249 posts
19th Dec '12
Quoting Saradaniela91:" So last month I was on birth control and not proud to say I didn't take it the same time as it said too, ... [snip!] ... a appointment with my obgyn tomorrow to see what's going on.... What you guys think? Has this happened to any of you ladies?"

You took the positive test during the day but it was positive later that night? If thats the case then it was an Evap especially if the next one was negative.

HamHam 18 kids; India 3485 posts
19th Dec '12

I had something similar happen to me a couple of years ago, and my dr figured it may have been a chemical pregnancy.

Saradaniela91 Due November 23 (girl); Nevada 114 posts
19th Dec '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Mamas 1144:</b>" You took the positive test during the day but it was positive later that night? If thats the case then it was an Evap especially if the next one was negative."</blockquote>

It was a positive first response then( at noon)
Later that night I took another test which was accuclear
And it was negative the following morning I took another and it was negative also

Mamas 1144 Due March 12; 1 child; Kilgore, Texas 249 posts
19th Dec '12
Quoting Saradaniela91:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Mamas 1144:</b>" You took the positive test during the day but ... [snip!] ... night I took another test which was accuclear And it was negative the following morning I took another and it was negative also"

Sounds like it could have been a faulty First response which Ive noticed is happening a lot lately or it could have been a chemical. When you go to the doctor see if you can get a blood test to be sure.