14 year old sugar addict! Maddie F 1 child; Sarasota, Florida 777 posts
26th Dec '12

I know this is common, young boys loving sweets but my brother takes it to a whole new level. He will actually not even eat food unless it tastes sweet in anyway. Sometimes my grandparents will make a cake for us and it'll be gone in two days. Even if it get's old and hard he'll eat it. He'll put like a pound of sugar on already sweetened cereal, it's just insane. Add to that that he NEVER brushes his teeth. Ever. I get there's nothing I can do about it, but what are the long term side effects? He's been like this since he was little because his grandparents (step-brother) never monitored it.

ChubbyCheekers 2 kids; New York 3117 posts
26th Dec '12

Diabetes...

A&J. ♥ 1 child; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 5613 posts
26th Dec '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Lizplustwo:</b>" Diabetes..."</blockquote>

!!!!

Madi's*Mama Due November 2; 1 child; Holland, Michigan 7391 posts
26th Dec '12

I think obesity and diabetes are the main things. I foresee my cousin becoming like this. I only see them once a year on Christmas because my aunt doesn't get along with the family (it's my step-moms family, the aunt is her SIL). Their small family is vegetarian and they have a 4 yr old. On his plate was veggies, potatoes, and fudge. He threw the BIGGEST fit because he didn't want veggies or potatoes so his mom just ate those things and let him have the fudge. My grandma said this is a common thing with them, so it wasn't like it was like 'oh it's Christmas no biggie' kind of thing. Of course the kid was bouncing off the wall and wouldn't sit still. When I told her I was a SAHM so was like 'Oh you must have an easy kid'...no I just don't give her fudge for dinner :)

lolajessup Due July 25 (girl); 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Beaverton, Michigan 44057 posts
26th Dec '12

A toothless grin and diabetes really.

But this post kind of reminded me of the movie elf where he puts syrup and candy on his spaghetti.

Maddie F 1 child; Sarasota, Florida 777 posts
27th Dec '12
Quoting lolajessup:" A toothless grin and diabetes really. But this post kind of reminded me of the movie elf where he puts syrup and candy on his spaghetti."

Actually he does put sugar on his... It's so bad. I can eat a tiny piece of cake and he'll eat half of it in one sitting.