2 in april Karliee_girl_cutie 1 child; Alberta 59 posts
28th Dec '12

I need some help guys my daughter will be 2 in April and she's still not sleeping through the night she wakes up and wants milk its getting a little fustersting IV tried everything to try and get her to sleep through the night and nothings working please help me.

Had my 10/10/10 baby! Brighton, ca, United States 1144 posts
28th Dec '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Karliee_girl_cutie:</b>" I need some help guys my daughter will be 2 in April and she's still not sleeping through the night she ... [snip!] ... a little fustersting IV tried everything to try and get her to sleep through the night and nothings working please help me."</blockquote>

Oh wow have you talked to her doctor? Is she under weight or over weight? Or is it like a comfort thing?

3.24.10☀9.10.11☀12.12.14 Due December 12; 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Oregon 3406 posts
28th Dec '12

I have no advice, but my almost 3 year still wakes for milk, and my 15 month old still wakes every 3 hours. Have you tried just giving her water?

Mom2William&Michael 2 kids; 1 angel baby; New York 7600 posts
28th Dec '12

My oldest was still waking up by that point. He grew out of it by 2 1/2. I wouldn't worry, though I know it can be exhausting.

Karliee_girl_cutie 1 child; Alberta 59 posts
28th Dec '12

She isn't over weight or under weight. Her doctor won't do anything its just a thing she goes through he said. And yes after the first bedtime she gets water than milk than water

Allons-y Due January 29 (girl); 2 kids; Utah 2318 posts
28th Dec '12

My DD did that too and made sure she ate before bed then switched to giving her water instead of milk and after a rough night or two she didnt have a problem with the water and slowly over the next couple of weeks she quit waking up for them all together.

melahknee 2 kids; Olympia, Washington 12249 posts
28th Dec '12

You should try giving her milk like an hour before bed, then at bedtime give her a sippy cup of water.. and if she wakes at night, say no to milk and give her only the sippy of water.
Toddlers will call out anything they think you will respond to just to avoid sleep. (mine does anyways)
Just because she says "Milk" doesn't necessarily mean she wants milk, it may just be that she is trying to fight sleep and as long as you let her get away with it, she will continue to do it.

Karliee_girl_cutie 1 child; Alberta 59 posts
28th Dec '12
Quoting melahknee:" You should try giving her milk like an hour before bed, then at bedtime give her a sippy cup of water.. ... [snip!] ... milk, it may just be that she is trying to fight sleep and as long as you let her get away with it, she will continue to do it."

see the thing is I let her cry a while first to make sure it's deal but I can't let her cry to much as she works herself up too much and makes herself puke.