2 questtions about baby food. please help dungonenutz Due December 16; 2 kids; Rhode Island 1710 posts
30th Dec '12

I pureed avacado for my 6mo old, and I put it in the freezer, will it get brown in there? And would it be okay to warm it up before I give it to her? I usually just feed it to her from the skin but I had so much of it I didn't want it to go bad. Also, is avacado binding? She's been having hard poops lately, just wondering because I stopped the rice cereal.

Mom of Tristan/Rayah/Keat 3 kids; Alberta 2068 posts
30th Dec '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting jess m401:</b>" I pureed avacado for my 6mo old, and I put it in the freezer, will it get brown in there? And would it ... [snip!] ... it to go bad. Also, is avacado binding? She's been having hard poops lately, just wondering because I stopped the rice cereal."</blockquote>

I would still be feeding her the rice for fiber. I would mix the 2 together.

dungonenutz Due December 16; 2 kids; Rhode Island 1710 posts
30th Dec '12

I've been giving her the oatmeal cereal instead. Is it just as good as rice?

Mom of Tristan/Rayah/Keat 3 kids; Alberta 2068 posts
30th Dec '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting jess m401:</b>" I've been giving her the oatmeal cereal instead. Is it just as good as rice?"</blockquote>

Ya oatmeal is still fiber. How long has she been eating all these foods? I know when I introduced a new food to my daughter she got a bit constipated but in a couple of days would start going again.

dungonenutz Due December 16; 2 kids; Rhode Island 1710 posts
30th Dec '12

She's been eating cereal and food for about a month and a half but only for about a week I've been giving the cereal twice a day.

user banned 3 kids; Ontario 10942 posts
30th Dec '12

I have a book with good foods to freeze and avacodo is not one of them. But with that said.

What you can do is slice it in strips dip it in lime or lemon juice before freezing or putting it in the fridge. The juice stops the Browning process.

Works for bananas as well.

30th Dec '12

They say avocados don't cause constipation but rice cereals will. But it don't mean that it can't Kwim?

mommasweetheart 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Texas 277 posts
31st Dec '12
Quoting crazy coupon lady:" I have a book with good foods to freeze and avacodo is not one of them. But with that said. What you ... [snip!] ... or lemon juice before freezing or putting it in the fridge. The juice stops the Browning process. Works for bananas as well."

I would love to have a book like this. What's the name of it and the author? Thanks

31st Dec '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting mommasweetheart:</b>" I would love to have a book like this. What's the name of it and the author? Thanks"</blockquote>

I bought it at babies r us. Its a homemade baby food book called

Top 100 baby food purees by Annabel karmel.

The first half is pured foods second is table foods all homemade. I never used the pureed part myself. Lol but it tells you on every food what is safe to freeze and what is nor etc.....I paid 14.99 and it came with 8 freezing cup containers and a bowl with a masher.

I love this book.

mommasweetheart 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Texas 277 posts
31st Dec '12

Thank you. Can't wait to get it this weekend.