8 hour diet BRowell 3 kids; 2 angel babies; Bristol, TN, United States 3681 posts
2nd Jan '13

Who saw this on the today show? Appearently you are suppose to be able to eat whatever you want as long as you eat in 8 hour increments, fasting for 16. So basically you eat whatever you want, pizza, cake whatever between 9 and 5, then you don't eat for 16 hours and you can lose a good amount of weight. I don't know about that. It seems a little to good to be true to me. I think maybe it would work if you ate healthy and not to much but eating pizza, cake, French fries etc. he was saying the point was to not restrict yourself but that you wouldn't really be able to eat to much, he said "you can't get 3000 calories in 8 hours." I think he's underestimating a lot of people. I can eat a lot, and it really doesn't take much to get to 3000 calories when your eating pizza and cake. Lol

Squeaky McGee 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 63826 posts
2nd Jan '13

That sounds ridiculous.

JΔS Georgia 70894 posts
2nd Jan '13

All fad diets are stupid and do not work long term. Fad diets are for lazy people. You need to make a lifestyle change, eat properly and exercise.

BRowell 3 kids; 2 angel babies; Bristol, TN, United States 3681 posts
2nd Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Jas ♥:</b>" All fad diets are stupid and do not work long term. Fad diets are for lazy people. You need to make a lifestyle change, eat properly and exercise."</blockquote>

I agree 100%

user banned 2 kids; Iowa 7762 posts
2nd Jan '13

It will not matter when you eat the calories. Eating a shit ton of calories in an 8 hour period is still going to take just as long for your body to burn off than if you ate it spread out all day.

I hate how misinformed people are about dieting and eating healthy.