15 month old whines all the time Landy's Mama <3 1 child; Ashland, Kentucky 1569 posts
2nd Jan '13

My 15 m.o. DS whines all the time. In his crib, in his play pen, in his stroller.. Doesn't matter.. He whines. What can i do about this? Anything? Or is it a phase?

Jennybananna 2 kids; Gilbert, AZ, United States 25079 posts
2nd Jan '13

Does he need something?

Landy's Mama <3 1 child; Ashland, Kentucky 1569 posts
2nd Jan '13
Quoting Jennybananna:" Does he need something? "

No. He does it no matter what time of the day it is. If hes just been fed or changed. No matter where we are. He is irritable all the time unless he is sleeping or taking a bath.

Live-Laugh-Love 3 kids; Kitchener, ON, Canada 8035 posts
status 2nd Jan '13

Before they can communicate pretty much all they do is whine lol

Jennybananna 2 kids; Gilbert, AZ, United States 25079 posts
2nd Jan '13
Quoting Landen Wyatt's Mama:" No. He does it no matter what time of the day it is. If hes just been fed or changed. No matter where we are. He is irritable all the time unless he is sleeping or taking a bath."

Its normal for kids to whine when they cant communicate but if it is literally all the time then there might something else going on. Is he content and happy when playing with toys? Playing with you? Maybe try sign language so he can start to communicate.

BeachBaby 1 child; Florida 253 posts
2nd Jan '13

My 20 month old has been a whiner since about 11 months. She's trying to communicate. Sometimes I think it's out of boredom so I redirect her (give her something to do, or sit and play with her) but mostly it's how she "talks". It's annoying, I know. :) Can't wait til my daughter can say more!

Landy's Mama <3 1 child; Ashland, Kentucky 1569 posts
2nd Jan '13
Quoting BeachBaby:" My 20 month old has been a whiner since about 11 months. She's trying to communicate. Sometimes I think ... [snip!] ... or sit and play with her) but mostly it's how she "talks". It's annoying, I know. :) Can't wait til my daughter can say more!"

My son whines plus does his baby talk that you can't understand lol.. I can't wait till he can actually tell me what's wrong and what he wants. So much easier!