33-34 weeks OB apt. Rushy doc...help Chels :3 Florida 2017 posts
2nd Jan '13

I want to ask her about dental work do I just up front ask.
And also Sunday I thought my water broke and I'm still a little freaked out by that, and as well as, it's really hard to keep her in the room long enough to even answer questions let alone listen long enough to give me the right answers, I know she's swamped. (She always looks like she partied hard the night before but she's old old I always feel bad she's a great doctor though)

I wanted a doctor for my first and MW for my second later on in life, and I'm regretting that choice I can never get good answers. And one time I never got a call back at all when I called for help... They deliver and work for one of the best childrens hospitals in the SE... I just need help getting attention brought over to me sometimes. Any tips from mom's who may have had a doc. not pay attention rush in and rush out?

SavageDarling 3 kids; Webster, Massachusetts 10381 posts
2nd Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Chelsea.J:</b>" I want to ask her about dental work do I just up front ask. And also Sunday I thought my water broke ... [snip!] ... attention brought over to me sometimes. Any tips from mom's who may have had a doc. not pay attention rush in and rush out?"</blockquote>

My doctor doesn't rush me, I always get a good half hour or so with her and she always asks me I have any questions or concerns before I leave. But if I were you inwould write down all my questions and concerns before going for your appointment. Then while shes checking you out you have them ready to start asking before she can go anywhere. Good luck.

Chels :3 Florida 2017 posts
2nd Jan '13
Quoting MommaSav2:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Chelsea.J:</b>" I want to ask her about dental work do I just ... [snip!] ... your appointment. Then while shes checking you out you have them ready to start asking before she can go anywhere. Good luck."

Thanks. Being so paranoid, after losing so many babies before. I just HAD to have the best hospital and OB around, and I didn't think about the fact that they'd be SWAMPED. With all the other paranoid mama's and such. Her office is always full. but I'll definitely go over the questions write them down and stuff with SO.

I definitely need dental work done but I'm starting to think it's too late in the pregnancy lol. I need answers :3

2nd Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Chelsea.J:</b>" Thanks. Being so paranoid, after losing so many babies before. I just HAD to have the best hospital ... [snip!] ... with SO. I definitely need dental work done but I'm starting to think it's too late in the pregnancy lol. I need answers :3"</blockquote>

What kind of dental work do you don't mind me asking? I need a few fillings and my four wisdom teeth removed but I've been pregnant or nursing for the last 3 years so keep having to put it off.

Tegan/Race/Lynox/Essyx mo Due April 18; Oklahoma 88 posts
2nd Jan '13

I had dental work late in my pregnancy...teeth pulled n such. I had no problems at all.

2nd Jan '13
Quoting Tegan/Race/Lynox/Essyx mo:" I had dental work late in my pregnancy...teeth pulled n such. I had no problems at all."

I can answer her's quoting this.
I know I need at least one of my wisdom teeth out just discovered last night there's a huge hole in my bottom left. I need a lot of fillings. I'm 19 but getting on my feet, was hard, now that I have coverage I can do it. But my mom kind of sucked and last and first time I ever went to the dentist I was 16 got a cleaning and an xray and told I had cavities, and since it was only one court ordered visit I never returned. And haven't been able to take care of them till now, and I'm pregnant and it's made them SO much worse.

I need some pulled *Wisdoms I think* and I need AT LEAST 4 fillings. I'm going crazy. Can't eat salt and meat on one side, and can't eat sugar on the other, and it's made my mouth raw. I hate it! My teeth are my only problem! Lol. I should count myself lucky but still...

2nd Jan '13

I'm just waiting until my little one arrives and I pump enough for a day to get my work done. it sucks and it's painful but I don't want to have anesthesia durin my prgnancy or breastfeeding if I dot have to. And I get anxiety about the dentist soni always have to take Valium before getting fillings. Lol I'm a big baby.

2nd Jan '13

Pregnancy will make ur teeth way worse and that was usually the only time I was covered to get anything done. I would make an appt w a dentist and just ask them what can be done right now. Some can be done in the 6 wks PP as well. The dentist won't do any work he thinks may put u at risk...I'd do it now rather than later.

2nd Jan '13
Quoting Tegan/Race/Lynox/Essyx mo:" Pregnancy will make ur teeth way worse and that was usually the only time I was covered to get anything ... [snip!] ... be done in the 6 wks PP as well. The dentist won't do any work he thinks may put u at risk...I'd do it now rather than later."

I'm with her though I'm a big baby when it comes to tooth pain. I can handle pretty much anything else. I'm worried about pain meds afterward, I don't think the doc. Or dentist would approve anything that would hurt her etc.,

I'll ask the OB today, and make an apt. I really want to get SOMETHING done while I have the coverage.

2nd Jan '13

While I was pg they gave me Tylenol 3...I hate dentist too and I had really bad teeth...but that little bit of pain is worth it. I don't have to worry about dentists anymore tho because I have fake teeth.

2nd Jan '13
Quoting Tegan/Race/Lynox/Essyx mo:" While I was pg they gave me Tylenol 3...I hate dentist too and I had really bad teeth...but that little ... [snip!] ... teeth...but that little bit of pain is worth it. I don't have to worry about dentists anymore tho because I have fake teeth."

I got the letter from my doctor and this is all that is approved by both insurance and the OB.

But I got the approval paper from my doctor, and it say's fillings root canal therapy extractions and crown and bridge work.

Pain meds my doctor approved (For her patients cause I know it's different)
Tylenol 3. (Acetaminophen with Codeine.)

Analgesia for mild to moderate pain, and acetaminophen products.
Local anesthetics without epinephrine: Lidocaine.

And x-rays with a full shield.

I can't freaking wait. :3

Summerfrost 51 kids; Massachusetts 6759 posts
2nd Jan '13

The xrays might be the tricky part. Most dr's won't do xrays unless they're an emergency. As far as the dr, I have a high risk dr and as busy as she is, she always took time to sit down with me and talk everything out. It did mean that there was always a wait for my appointment, but totally worth it. If you get pregnant again, it might be worth looking into a new dr.

2nd Jan '13
Quoting Summerfrost:" The xrays might be the tricky part. Most dr's won't do xrays unless they're an emergency. As far as the ... [snip!] ... always a wait for my appointment, but totally worth it. If you get pregnant again, it might be worth looking into a new dr. "

She was great today it was so weird. I guess since I'm getting closer, and the x-rays she said are approved as long as there's a full abdominal shield. :3