8 year anniversary Devil's Advocate Beverly Hills, California 18191 posts
2nd Jan '13

This September, DH and I will be celebrating our 8 year anniversary. I am thinking of leading him through the mall on a romantic scavenger hunt. I'm thinking about pre-paying at different places and leaving a clue with his purchase at each place that leads him to the next store and ultimately a hotel room.
For example, he would get a clue at home to the mall and it would lead him to the first place like a lingerie store. In the bag, there would be another clue.

I was thinking about Fredrick's of Hollywood, a chocolate store....and I'm not sure where else. Any ideas?

LumpySpacePrincess 2 kids; New Zealand 17060 posts
2nd Jan '13

Somewhere for massage oils and booze? Maybe even a polaroid camera cos the faces on the developing people would be hilarious!

Devil's Advocate Beverly Hills, California 18191 posts
2nd Jan '13
Quoting LumpySpacePrincess:" Somewhere for massage oils and booze? Maybe even a polaroid camera cos the faces on the developing people would be hilarious!"

lmfao

Turtley Mikey Due October 31; 2 kids; California 50611 posts
2nd Jan '13
Quoting Devil's Advocate:" This September, DH and I will be celebrating our 8 year anniversary. I am thinking of leading him through ... [snip!] ... be another clue. I was thinking about Fredrick's of Hollywood, a chocolate store....and I'm not sure where else. Any ideas?"

WOOT! Yesterday was DH and my 8 year anniversary (married). :)

Taryn - Anya's mommy 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Toronto, Ontario 49446 posts
2nd Jan '13
Quoting Devil's Advocate:" This September, DH and I will be celebrating our 8 year anniversary. I am thinking of leading him through ... [snip!] ... be another clue. I was thinking about Fredrick's of Hollywood, a chocolate store....and I'm not sure where else. Any ideas?"

That is so cool, when is your anniversary? Mine is Sept 27, and we will be married 10 years

2nd Jan '13
Quoting Taryn - Anya's mommy:" That is so cool, when is your anniversary? Mine is Sept 27, and we will be married 10 years"

Sept 3rd

user banned 3 kids; Portland, Michigan 15675 posts
2nd Jan '13

That would be awesome if you did a scavenger hunt. You send him to victoria's secret and spencers.

2nd Jan '13
Quoting Jesus ♥'s Me:" That would be awesome if you did a scavenger hunt. You send him to victoria's secret and spencers. "

And the rule is, he can't look in the bags. He just picks them up and follows the clues.

2nd Jan '13
Quoting Devil's Advocate:" And the rule is, he can't look in the bags. He just picks them up and follows the clues."

So will the clues be written on the outside of the bag? Are you going to go pick out the stuff and then buy it and leave it at the counter with the worker and she's going to give him the bag? haha. I bet he's gonna be like "da fuq"

2nd Jan '13
Quoting Jesus ♥'s Me:" So will the clues be written on the outside of the bag? Are you going to go pick out the stuff and then ... [snip!] ... buy it and leave it at the counter with the worker and she's going to give him the bag? haha. I bet he's gonna be like "da fuq""

Lol, well I stole this idea from a customer I had when I worked at Godiva years ago. She had little cards to go with each bag with the clues on them. It was so cute. She got chocolate covered strawberries from us.

The day he came in he had a bag from the jewelers and a lingerie store and his clue from us led him back to his car. It was so adorable.

2nd Jan '13
Quoting Devil's Advocate:" Lol, well I stole this idea from a customer I had when I worked at Godiva years ago. She had little ... [snip!] ... came in he had a bag from the jewelers and a lingerie store and his clue from us led him back to his car. It was so adorable."

Aw! I remember the drill team girls at my school, when they asked their SO's to go with them to their dance or whatever it was, a few of the girls did one of those type of things. They'd leave a card somewhere and that card would lead them to the next place, they ended up going to several places and the last place was on the football field track at our high school and they wrote in really big letters "will you be my date" or some shit along those lines. It was so much cuter IRL than me explaining it haha.

2nd Jan '13
Quoting Jesus ♥'s Me:" Aw! I remember the drill team girls at my school, when they asked their SO's to go with them to their ... [snip!] ... really big letters "will you be my date" or some shit along those lines. It was so much cuter IRL than me explaining it haha. "

I used to leave little clues like that in HS for my boyfriend and I would be there naked. Same thing right? :lol:

2nd Jan '13
Quoting Devil's Advocate:" I used to leave little clues like that in HS for my boyfriend and I would be there naked. Same thing right? :lol:"

:lol:

Pretty much.

Jennybananna 2 kids; Gilbert, AZ, United States 25079 posts
3rd Jan '13
Quoting Devil's Advocate:" Sept 3rd"

Thats my anniversary :D

3rd Jan '13
Quoting Jennybananna:" Thats my anniversary :D"

:o:D