9 month old not wanting to sleep without bottle Boopsie 1 child; St Paul, Minnesota 80 posts
3rd Jan '13

I've found it hard to put my 9 month old daughter to bed without a bottle, she screams without one and refuses to fall asleep in anyones arms she screams, cries and stiffens her body when you try to cradle her in your arms. We've tried the cry it out method a few times but as we live in a duplex with apparently thin ceilings as we're always getting calls from them about the screaming baby waking them up or keeping them up. I don't know what else to do than to give her a bottle. She refuses water and juice she just wants her formula.
\335940_488748457818293_522888579_o_zps30326334_520614204631718_276284710_o_zps2f324468_514734515219687_1866064654_o_zps4218560_566207126739092_1896371714_o_zpsc194960_486721721354300_1474095663_o_zps053937_539434052749733_1983766675_o_zpsd4
She also oddly HATES car rides.

loser mom 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Oslo, ,, Norway 10779 posts
3rd Jan '13

Can you hold her while she drinks her bottle, then lay her in bed?

Jennybananna 2 kids; Gilbert, AZ, United States 25079 posts
3rd Jan '13

Putting her down with milk in her bottle can rot her teeth so you are going to have to find something. Personally I did CIO and that worked for my daughter.

~Mommy2NuNu~ 17 kids; 福井市, Japan 1511 posts
3rd Jan '13

not sure but she is adorable!

Boopsie 1 child; St Paul, Minnesota 80 posts
3rd Jan '13
Quoting loser mom:" Can you hold her while she drinks her bottle, then lay her in bed? "

Nope if anyone holds her she just wants to dig up your nose and put her hands in your mouth and ignore her bottle lol

[Pinky & the [B] rain. TTC since Sep 2014; 2 angel babies; Illinois 5766 posts
status 3rd Jan '13

Why are you giving her water & juice? 9 month olds should only be getting infant formula! Try feeding her BEFORE you put her down for a nap. If it helps, stay in the room with her until she is about to fall asleep. Once she's asleep, walk out of the room!

3rd Jan '13
Quoting Boopsie:" Nope if anyone holds her she just wants to dig up your nose and put her hands in your mouth and ignore her bottle lol"

oh yeah, I know how that goes.

How come you're wanting to wean her off the bottle anyway?

I'm His Amy He's My Rory 2 kids; Caldwell, Idaho 49254 posts
3rd Jan '13

We give my son one and take it when it's gone or he calls asleep.

ThatsAlotaNuts Australia 2356 posts
3rd Jan '13

LO still goes to bed with a bottle and he is 20 months. Its the only bottle he has for the day. If she has teeth make sure to start brushing them now. My son enjoys doing his teeth. Their is nothing wrobg with it. Just go in and take it out of her cot when she is asleep so she isnt using it to 'comfort suck' through the night.

3rd Jan '13
Quoting loser mom:" oh yeah, I know how that goes. How come you're wanting to wean her off the bottle anyway? "

We aren't wanting to wean her off the bottle totally, just at night so it doesn't rot her teeth.

user banned 3 kids; Ontario 10942 posts
3rd Jan '13

My DD hates to be held period. And will refuse a bottle well she is only on sippies now.

But she sat in her chair since 3 months old and held her own bottle.

I never had the sleep thing tho. My DD does not fall asleep with a bottle, she goes to bed 2hrs after her bottle.

3rd Jan '13
Quoting Crazzzy Mel:" Why are you giving her water & juice? 9 month olds should only be getting infant formula! Try feeding ... [snip!] ... for a nap. If it helps, stay in the room with her until she is about to fall asleep. Once she's asleep, walk out of the room!"

We dont give her tons of water lol we were told by her doctor if she gets thirsty alot its ok to give her a little water or juice so she isn't eating/drinking tons of formula.

3rd Jan '13
Quoting Boopsie:" We aren't wanting to wean her off the bottle totally, just at night so it doesn't rot her teeth."

Well, after she falls asleep, just remove the bottle from her mouth. :)

She may not be ready to wean.

I'm His Amy He's My Rory 2 kids; Caldwell, Idaho 49254 posts
3rd Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Crazzzy Mel:</b>" Why are you giving her water & juice? 9 month olds should only be getting infant formula! Try feeding ... [snip!] ... for a nap. If it helps, stay in the room with her until she is about to fall asleep. Once she's asleep, walk out of the room!"</blockquote>

Meh. My son gets water daily, and juice and milk from time to time. He doesn't want to breast feed but at night and won't take more than 2 scoops of formula a day. He just refuses. He will only eat real food. We go to his 9 month on Monday and we will probably add extra multivitamins and just feed him like he were a year.

user banned 3 kids; Ontario 10942 posts
3rd Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Crazzzy Mel:</b>" Why are you giving her water & juice? 9 month olds should only be getting infant formula! Try feeding ... [snip!] ... for a nap. If it helps, stay in the room with her until she is about to fall asleep. Once she's asleep, walk out of the room!"</blockquote>

Usually personal preference. My DD been having water since birth, where the Dr was giving it to her. Been drinking juice since 3 months old or 4 can't remember lol

Still gets formula and whole milk as her main source as well as table foods. She is 11 months now.