15 weeks and still losing weight? Ashley Foy 09 Due June 30 (boy); 1 child; Chesnee, South Carolina 127 posts
3rd Jan '13

I am almost 15 weeks now and I am still losing weight. i have been weighing myself at home since my last visit when they told me to keep an eye on my weight. My appetite is picking up slowly. But I still dont want to eat much... I know with being overweight you are only supposed to gain like 10-15 lbs. but i was plus size my last pregnancy as well and didnt lose near this much. I was really sick at first with my last pregnany and lost 9 lbs in my first trimester but in my second trimester i started to gain weight. this time I have lost 23 lbs since my first appointment at which time i was 6 weeks. I am not vomiting, have no diaherrea, and am eating normal meals. this makes no sense to me especially since I am already really showing, had to buy maternity clothes when i was like 12 weeks because I was already showing ALOT even at that point. has anyone had a similar experience?

White Chocolate Milk 1 child; Chelsea, Alabama 12303 posts
3rd Jan '13

I lost about 25 pounds up until 20 ish weeks and then I slowly started to gain. But I was really sick all the time so that's the reason why. Maybe you are more active then the amount of calories you are taking in?

Ashley Foy 09 Due June 30 (boy); 1 child; Chesnee, South Carolina 127 posts
3rd Jan '13
Quoting White Chocolate Milk:" I lost about 25 pounds up until 20 ish weeks and then I slowly started to gain. But I was really sick ... [snip!] ... was really sick all the time so that's the reason why. Maybe you are more active then the amount of calories you are taking in?"

I dont know. maybe I am not eating the right foods... I havent been able to be that active, i got a cerclage inserted 2 weeks ago and am on modified bed rest... that is what doesnt make sense to me. I am losing like 3-5 lbs a week... maybe i will just have to talk to my drs about it when i go back