Does your child have this? What are their symptoms? What did you do to help them?
these are the ones I have noticed in my daughter...
Signs of SI problems
The following is a description of some of the commonly seen behaviors in children who exhibit sensory integrative difficulties.
- An acute awareness of background noises
- Fascination with lights, fans, water
- Hand flapping/repetitive movements
- Spinning items, taking things apart
- Walking on tip-toe
- Little awareness of pain or temperature
- Coordination problems
- Unusually high or low activity level
- Difficulty with transitions (doesn't "go with the flow")
- Self-Injury or aggression
- Extremes of activity level (either hyperactive or under active).
- Fearful in space (on the swings, seesaw or heights).
- Striking out at someone who accidentally brushes by them.
- Avoidance of physical contact with people and with certain "textures," such as sand, paste and finger paints.
- The child may react strongly to stimuli on face, hands and feet.
- A child may have a very short attention span and become easily distracted.
- A strong dislike of certain grooming activities, such as brushing the teeth, washing the face, having the hair brushed or cut.
- An unusual sensitivity to sounds and smells.
- A child may refuse to wear certain clothes or insist on wearing long sleeves/pants so that the skin is not exposed.
- Frequently adjusts clothing, pushing up sleeves and/or pant legs.
Idk if these are normal things kids do or what but I notice:
Obsessed with soft blankets or animals or toys
hates her face to be touched
Flails arms when mad
Hates her diaper changed
Loves water and fans and lights
Likes to spin
doesn't like to be held unless sleepy
Pushed kisses away a lot
High activity, never sits still
Hates hair done
Only really likes meat or bread textures
I had a lot of "sensory" issues as a child and even an adult especially with clothes, food textures and touching. Its crazy
Do you think its hereditary?