2 weeks of being sick. wwyd? pleassseee helllpp A+E VBAC mama! 2 kids; Gaylord, Minnesota 12223 posts
4th Jan '13

LO started her fever 2 weeks ago. She would have a normal temp in the am than spike at night. After 6 days of that it finally broke.

BUT she still has a horrible cough. She has coughing fits almost all night. She coughs during the day but not as much.

Her bed is propped up, she has a mister thing in her room, she's been getting nebs daily, we have tried allergy meds, a cough med, and warm water with honey.

Wtf else can i do?! Should i bring her back in again? Wait it out?

I've brought her to the target clinic... They told me she had the flu since she didn't get a flu shot *eye roll*

A pedi wanted to try the neb to see if she would benifit from it.

HamHam 18 kids; India 3485 posts
4th Jan '13

Did they at least prescribe something for her if she had the flu? My DD ( soon to be 3) was prescribed the liquid suspension Tamiflu as a precaution because she's under 6. I had the flu and since she was exposed to me, my Dr said to get tamiflu for her as well. Can you take your LO to a regular clinic/pediatrician?

A+E VBAC mama! 2 kids; Gaylord, Minnesota 12223 posts
4th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting HamHam:</b>" Did they at least prescribe something for her if she had the flu? My DD ( soon to be 3) was prescribed ... [snip!] ... since she was exposed to me, my Dr said to get tamiflu for her as well. Can you take your LO to a regular clinic/pediatrician?"</blockquote>

Yea, we tried the tamiflu. I think that's what took the fever away. (we figured we would try it since DH picked up the wrong med and he paid 100 bucks for the damn thing)

HamHam 18 kids; India 3485 posts
4th Jan '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Ah TAM:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting HamHam:</b>" Did they at least prescribe something for her if ... [snip!] ... took the fever away. (we figured we would try it since DH picked up the wrong med and he paid 100 bucks for the damn thing)"</blockquote>

If I were in your position, I'd take my LO back to the Dr. and really advocate/demand she get something to help her get better. 2 weeks seems like a long time to have to experience those symptoms. Poor thing.

♥ Mrs. S ♥ Due September 20; 2 kids; Venezuela 13654 posts
6th Jan '13

:( I would take her in.
The kids and I had coughs for the longest time. Mine lastest a month or longer, Ally was on and off and Jackson's lasted a month. The doctor said it was just a cold and would go away, since their lungs were clear there was nothing they could do. Then the fevers came and I swear a few days later they were better.
Winter sucks with everything going around. I hope you guys figure out what is wrong and she feels better!!